ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Favorite detailing process?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I have a detail on tomorrow and being bored I was just going through it in my head and thinking what I was most looking forward to doing. I have to say it's the claying/decon process. I just love the how it transforms the paint, and I can stroke it after like a sad act saying 'oooo'.

Fridays be boring.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yep I hate doing wheels, especially when it means spotting what a sh*t job the powdercoater did!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Snowfoaming and iron x.

love waxing if I have the time too, rare these days though. Just gets a spray of sealant and job jobbed

Hate doing the wheels, it took me over an hour last time :(

I most like claying & seeing the poop on the clay.

Trophy #491
Favorite: Wax

Worst: Clay

Not a clue how people love claying, but each to their own and all that :)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Fav. Finishing off checking for any wax left over and going over with detailing spray. I have to agree using decon is always a highlight too.

Worst. Probably machine polishing tbh, mostly because I don't have it mastered very well and it seems to take me forever and can be tedious as I don't have spot pads so can't do it properly. I always like the results but the machining is a pain.

Last edited:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Fav. Finishing off checking for any wax left over and going over with detailing spray. I have to agree using decon is always a highlight too.

Worst. Probably machine polishing tbh, mostly because I don't have it mastered very well and it seems to take me forever and can be tedious as I don't have spot pads so can't do it properly. I always like the results but the machining is a pain.

There is no quick way of machining tbh mate, it will always take ages.

Snowfoaming has to be the best, spray it on like a madman so it's as if it got caught in a Snow Tundra, wait 10min, rinse and do it all again, gets most of the dirt off without any labour.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
There is no quick way of machining tbh mate, it will always take ages.

Yeah its just not for me lol, its too boring and noisy.

When I started I did it because I enjoyed it but now I only do it because I can't stand swirls on my car lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I kinda hate drying! So many f**king water traps!!!!!!!

Favourite? If it's a lazy Sunday on my own car? Waxing is awesome, or the QD just after. On most cars, doing the tyres last, the whole car would look s**t with 100% correction and no tyre gel, that is a fact.

I always leave it until last, they make even a dirty car look cleaner, especially with bloody gloss black wheels!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I kinda hate drying! So many f**king water traps!!!!!!!

Favourite? If it's a lazy Sunday on my own car? Waxing is awesome, or the QD just after. On most cars, doing the tyres last, the whole car would look s**t with 100% correction and no tyre gel, that is a fact.

I always leave it until last, they make even a dirty car look cleaner, especially with bloody gloss black wheels!

i find clean wheels can make the whole car look cleaner. And vice versa. Dirty wheels = dirty looking car

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Of course. I love clean Silver wheels. My Frp ones used to sparkle, until 5 minutes later when the 4 pots created ultimate brake dust challenge! :(

M2 Comp
Favourite: Probably a wipe down with a detailing spray, something like Z8. You get to admire the finish and it adds a little something too.

Worst: Just about everything else at the minute. Really can't get motivated to even clean my car recently (hence its current state).

Suzuki Jimny
Hate putting everything away afterwards. Also hate seeing all the swirls in the paint when the sun is on it :(

Iron x for the reaction and wheels. Love doing my wheels. Bright silver factory finishing coming through after weeks or months of grime. Excellent.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I love doing wheels If they are silver, Any other colour then it's not very satisfying IMO.

Decon stage on a light coloured car as it's visually easy to see your results.

Final wipe down and tyre dressing are just the finishing touches that once you done you can stand back and admire.