ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ferodo DS1.11 and CL RC5 brake dust.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I currently run CL RC6 pads in my 172, I really like the brake pedal feel, and braking power, but would like to run a pad that is kinder to wheels/ bodywork.

How do the CL RC5, and Ferodo DS1.11 compare? Or the other alternative I have is run DS2500 daily and then run CL RC6 pads for track work.

Cheers Fletch.

5+ have a load less dust, 1.11 slightly less. No comparison in track performance though, 5+ are decent but lacking ultimate stopping power for me on track
I'm with Mark on this, the CL5+ aren't the best when at on full attack on track, they faded quite badly on me at Oulton last week, that was with new HC discs, fresh ATE Super-gold fluid and fogs removed to aid cooling. My money will be going on DS1.11 next.

Honesty mate if you use the car regular on the road then just bang a set of Ferodo premier OE in, they're only £20 and are the best out of the other OE manufacturer's (brembo, pagid, mintex, Bosch etc...) Then have the aggressive pad for track days.