ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ferodo Ds2500 or Carbon Lorraine

As above, which pads should I use next,

Ferodo Ds2500 or Carbon Lorraine?

Mainley for spirited road driving, and possibly very occasional track days?

Whats peoples experiences on comparing these two, and compared to the OEM ones too

Any help would be nice. :cool:

Megane RS 250
I have SD2500 with the usual brembo HC and i can tell you they're not very dusty, not much more than OEM pads. Perfect pedal feels and they are great from cold and under stress.

CL I've heard they are noisier and more aggressive on the discs.

White 172 ITB's
I have CL pads and they create a stupid amount of brake dust. They have also killed the disc and now they need replacing due to bad grooves.

TrackCar & F30 330d
DS2500 unless its just a track car/ You dont care about the paint on the car or on the wheels then go for PF97 or CL pads

i've these RC5+ CLs in at the moment and like them; they're reasonably dusty but aren't chewing the discs

haven't tried DS2500's, so can't compare

loads of threads on here about pads - pick a brand, basically

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
I've only heard good things about the DS2500's will be ordering a set very soon.

As said, Carbon Lorraine's are good, but leave loads of brake dust on the bodywork and wheels.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
iv had both, CL are better but now my 182 alloys are f****d and mine only lasted about 7K, got DS2500 on now and will be staying with them from now on, they do the job

The only race pads I've used so far were CLs and they had eye popping stopping power and it was literally impossible to make them fade. I did c.30 minutes of extreme death around Rockingham (the full International circuit) and they would not fade. That was after I sorted out the boiling fluid issue by ripping out the liners and fogs :D

They are overkill for the road though. Squeal like pigs and are grabby when cold.

That's my experience of CL anyway.