ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few Pics after a Wash.. (Pic Heavy)

Mental 172 Cup
Owned my cup a year now, quite alot has changed since I got it but ill let the pics to the talking.

Before
0022.gif

0021.gif

0020.gif

0019.gif

0018.gif

As she stands now..

DSCF3486.gif

DSCF3487.gif

DSCF3488.gif

DSCF3490.gif

DSCF3491.gif

DSCF3492.gif

DSCF3493.gif

DSCF3495.gif

DSCF3496.gif

DSCF3497.gif

DSCF3498.gif

DSCF3499.gif

DSCF3503.gif

DSCF3504.gif

Dash out is only temporary, but will be minimalising and refitting. Need to make some door cards, then itll be a little something special and a full cage very soon. Passenger seat is out because I sold it as I have done the same with the drivers seat but I need to make a few minor modifications so I can fit its replacement.

C&C Welcome

Luke

RB Lutecia
Looks nice mate, especially changing the exhaust ! I cant stand seeing them hanging down and making it look a right shambles but also the turinis are they 16's ?

Mental 172 Cup
Yeh the exhaust came on the car, was hideous. Changed it for standard, then made a custom backbox for it and sounds lovely now and its stealth. Yeh the turinis are 16"

Renaultsport Clio 182
I don't think your harness is safe wrapped around the rear strut brace.... get it properly mounted or you'll be sorry if things go t!ts up

Mental 172 Cup
If I manage to break the welds on my 'welded in harness bar' rather then snap my fibreglass seat, I'll be sure to address the issue with the person who fitted it for me. Thanks..

Mental 172 Cup
Spec now..

Cooksport Induction Setup..
Harness Bar (Welded In)
Fully Stripped Interior
Sparco Rev Race Seats (Soon to be changed)
Sabelt 3" Race Harnesses - 4 Point
Renaultsport Sabelt Steering Wheel
Odyssey ER25 Race Battery Relocated inside car.
Apex Lowering Springs
Powdercoated Turinis
Stud conversion (Bar Locking wheel nut for now)
5mm Rear Spacers
182 Manifold
Cooksport Matched Inlets
RS Tuner Remap
Custom Backbox (Standard centre section blown to bits with pops and bangs)
172 Xenons
Removed Acoustic Valve and Carbon Canister

Ill probably think of more soon. But will spec it fully once it's finished..

Mental 172 Cup
I was in two minds with wheel choice, actually 3 but as my they were corroded to hell and tyres were losing air I decided to go for a change.

Mental 172 Cup
It looks good mind mate. When are you changing the door cards then? ;)
Very soon, might have a bash at it this weekend. Got all the materials to make them so won't be long.

Looks lovely, though sits a little high at the front for my liking :(
Yeh same for me but Apex offers the best drop until I get ASTs :)

Don't you feel a bit silly going to get a pint of milk in it?
not really no, can't say I ever really just pop up the shop in it, unless I go for a drive. Which then I realise why I stripped it all out in the first place.

Mental 172 Cup
Ha, thanks. This is preparation to become my track car so there is a motive behind it, I'm not doing it to keep it on the road. But it is my daily at the moment...

Mental 172 Cup
Tbh mate, with things like that its each to their own. Most of the time I love it as stripped out is what I intended it to be, I will be running a dash though as I need to maintain a level of practicality. Yes I get annoyed at it sometimes but it's a track car in the long run and it's certainly fun on the road.

It has changed a lot again in the last month or two. I will be putting up a progress thread very soon, with some major changes happening. Cooksport are involved a lot with this car also and we have some good plans..

Watch this space..

Mental 172 Cup
Not really that loud tbh.. It's fine. But what do you expect from a stripped out track car.. The exhaust is only just over 90dbs anyway.

Mental 172 Cup
Thanks.. You probably did mate.. It's off the road now for the winter, going to strip it down and engine is coming out, ready for some special treatment. Ill do a progress thread soon..

Si

RS Clio 172
I like it. Enjoy the wheels while they're mint!

Glad you havent given in to the "z0mg it's my track car, must have a full roll cage" trend.

Mental 172 Cup
Thanks for the comments.. Believe it or not I marked one of the wheels the other week, was gutted. But going to ship two of them back up there and get them redone..

Not long after the photos on the first page I put the dash back in and the week after that I purchased a rollcage and fitted it about a month after that.. Then I ripped the heating system out.. So it's basically a race car now..

But it's so much stiffer now with the cage fitted.. I got it fairly cheap and it's made the world of difference..

Keep an eye out for a thread, I'm looking forward to the changes..

172 Cup
Luke, love the racing cup, do you get much handling benefit from the 5mm spacers on the rear? Im thinking of sticking some on my Cup, mainly to fill in the arch gap a little more but would be an added bonus if the handling improves as well... Tried any spacers on the front at all? Cheers

Mental 172 Cup
Hey up some one has robbed your interior lol.

Ha, I sometimes think its crazy, but now I have a daily it's okay..

Luke, love the racing cup, do you get much handling benefit from the 5mm spacers on the rear? Im thinking of sticking some on my Cup, mainly to fill in the arch gap a little more but would be an added bonus if the handling improves as well... Tried any spacers on the front at all? Cheers

hello mate, thanks, can't say I specifically tested them back to back, but it definatly doesn't make the handling worse.. I done it purely for looks as it surprisingly makes the world of difference with 5mm on the rear. I will be doing the front at some point aswell.. But yeh highly recommended, but you ideally need a stud conversion..

this a track car or..? :p

Yeh indeed but it's a big ass chunk and it'll still be on the road in the summer :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks proper purposeful mate.

I quite fancy a cup at some point!