ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few problems with the cold weather...

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Right guys, over the last few days with the cold weather the cup isnt starting untill the second time i turn it over, i have a odyssey 25 under my passenger seat so just wondering if its that and the cold weather, it starts perfectly if its been running in the last few hours,

Also the trip computer seems be all over the place, everything from the MPG and how many miles i have left in the tank is resetting itself, ive read up its a fault battery but its only a year old? its been fine till now and i left it out at my girlfriends house the other night when we had heavy snow and the computers been wrong since? is there any sensors i can look at? maybe check the earth to the battery? or could it be an alternator problem?

What do you guys think it could be, i put the starting problem down to the cold but now ive read up about the computer its got me thinking :/

Any help would be much appreciated

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Its a odyssey 25 mate, only 12 months old though, surely it should not have gone alredy?

BG Clio 182/RR Sport
It could have....Battery faults very common this time of year!! It should have at least a 2 year warranty....

Have you got a boost pack to charge it up?

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
I've got a normal battery charger if thats any good for race batteries?, my mates gunna put his tester on it tomorrow night, ive read up on the internet that race batteries struggle in the cold weather so im guessing its just that, its fine once started and warm (trip computer) so thats what it must be, if the test comes back ok tomorrow i'll wait to see if it improves in the warmer weather we are supposed to be getting early next week, dont really want to replace a £100 battery for it to just be the temperatures.

if it wasnt for the trip computer being problematic i wouldn't be so bothered

BG Clio 182/RR Sport
A normal one is fine....will take 4/5 hrs, like you say might be the race battery in the cold, but I assume any type should work at any temp...Have you been using it much?!

Good idea to get your mate to check it!

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
its used daily so no reason to loose power, if the check comes back ok i'll wait to see if it improves in the + temperatures next week :)