ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiesta Camber Problems, Any1 HELP

Have you had the car re-aligned? A solution for correcting excessive camber is to grind out the mounting holes on the strut to allow further movement or cheaper and easier is to get corrective bolts if anyone does them? I suspect your alignment was out before you lowered..

BenR knows about fords though..

-Rob

Kinda unclear whats goin on.

Spacers wont affect your camber value, although f your pushing the tyre centreline miles out it can wear the inside, but you dont have that problem.

DO you have adj lower arms, XR2i or XR3 arms?

If your using arms that are too long, like the XR3 the post suggests then this will cause increase neg cam. If you have adj arm, just get them adj.

Do you know your camber value as my MK2 runs about 2 deg which seems alot but the MK1/2 chassis likes camber, dunno what the MK3 likes as im not find of it.

If your totally stuck you can get ford motorsport adj camber nuts that you can turn in situ to adj camber. The front strut bolt holes will need to be enlarged though.

Adj teh tracking wont do anything to the camber value.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Yeh they do, the problem is inner edge tyre wear which is caused by the camber as u can see in the picture, im gonna hav to get the adj arms from Feista Frenzy but my camber angle seems to be excessive, maybe Ford sold me XR3i arms or summat. :(

Thanx, Michael.

Ah - ok. It was just that I was getting confused by the fact that you mentioned XR3i arms, which as far as I know are track control arms with the roll bar used for for-aft location, instead of the two mounting points on Festa wishbones.

Ive seen some adjustable wishbones from TAS Motorsport which are proper rallying ones, but theyve got rosejoints which I wouldnt use on an everyday road car unless you like a rough ride and regularly replacing them.

I thought it would have been cheaper (and better in terms of camber control) to slot the top mount (i.e. make a new one) to adjust the camber. Although Ive never taken Festa struts apart, you may be able to slot the pinch bolt hole where it squashes in to the back of the hub - I think Leda suspension and old mk1 Golf struts were like that. If your car is lowered, your neutral roll-centre will be too low anyway relative to your c of g, so by moving your strut out at the top, it might help raise it a bit. Hope that helps.

Steve