ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fifa 12

Black 172
Ultimate team is so bad. Get 99/100 team chem and its just boring to see even the slower players rape everyone.

Clio 1.6 16v
LOL at everybody moaning about the game!
Your obviously not playing it right, iv not lost online yet!

Just played Iain187. FFS!! 3-2 and 3-1 to him.

I couldn't defend for f**king s**t! Well annoyed at those results, especially the second match, seeing as it was 1-1 until the 85th minute.

DCi
Just played Iain187. FFS!! 3-2 and 3-1 to him.

I couldn't defend for f**king s**t! Well annoyed at those results, especially the second match, seeing as it was 1-1 until the 85th minute.
Bellamy power.

Seemed to be loads of through balls getting through so I played skrtel in the 2nd match

Just been promoted to Division 9. Unbeaten in competitive LOL.

I really need to learn how to defend properly though. I used to defend LIKE A BOSS on 11. This years, not so much. Leaking goals everywhere.

DCi
its mostly about re-learning how to time the tackles, but if you try not to use that button as much as poss then you cant go to far wrong i reckon.

i see a lot of people saying they aren't using contain, but if youve got someone twisting and turning (usually before they play a cross) it can be handy as the computer is better at jockeying the turns then human reflexs ever will be

i just tried a virtual pro 11 v 11 match... i walked from the centre circle to about 30 yards out and just smashed one into the bottom corner... my VP is only rated 70 haha, i thought if i f**k this up i am about to get some abuse over the mic :D

I just beat someone 6-2. Bellamy scored all 6. Lulz

I think that defending will just come to me. There's times where im decent at it, then other times ill just dive it and press 'B', resulting in a silly goal.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just did the Gameface thing :

camera6_370833679.png

:cool:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I still need to do mine.. yours isn't that far off tbh Scutch

Yeah it's spot on, which is an improvement from F11. I just uploaded a picture and made sure it was a front on shot.

Will see what it's like in game, as I'm presuming it will look f*cking ridiculous when on the 360.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
<3

Defending Tutorial.

This is actually a really good video. If you're struggling with Tactical Defending or just want some more advice, check this out :

Last edited by a moderator:
  Mondeo ST220
Good video that.

I'm getting better at it. It's just an adjustment from FIFA 11, it brings more skill and focus to defending though which is good.

Had a few games online last night, didn't help me and my mate were drunk so got hammered in a couple but won a few too.

Gamertag is jhn13 if people fancy a game.

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
I would whole heartedly recommend using these settings via the sliders:

USER:
Sprint 55
Acceleration 55
Pass Speed 60
Injury Frequency 55
Positioning: Run Frequency 70
Power Bar 62

CPU
Sprint 55
Acceleration 55
Shot Error 55
Pass Error 63
Pass speed 55
Injury Frequency 55
Injury Severity 54
Positioning: Line Width 55
Positioning: Fullback Positioning 55

Really does make for a great game.

That's playing on Professional or World Class on Slow.

Just done this, seems to play better now :)

Clio 1.6 16v
good shout Scutch.. i find my team play much better passes to me now with these setting when i play just as my virtual pro

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I would whole heartedly recommend using these settings via the sliders:

USER:
Sprint 55
Acceleration 55
Pass Speed 60
Injury Frequency 55
Power Bar 62

CPU
Sprint 55
Acceleration 55
Shot Error 55
Pass Error 63
Pass speed 55
Injury Frequency 55
Injury Severity 54
Positioning: Line Width 55
Positioning: Fullback Positioning 55

Really does make for a great game.

That's playing on Professional or World Class on Slow.

Sorry people, where do you go to make these changes?

DCi
the video is ok but its not great imo.

people will still be in the habit of pressing A/X to contain so that translates into doing a tackle and giving someone the chance to walk past. once people get used to not tackling then it will be easier

also, the main thing is if you can use the right stick to change man before a pass is played, you'll get the ball back quickly but that has been the same for years. If you use this method you can get close enough to people in the 'non danger' area and start tackling further up the pitch imo

I thought the video was pretty good tbh. Its helped me understand the defending a little bit better and has been working for me up to yet. Once im used to the whole concept, ill be defending further up the pitch.

DCi
My main thing is if you can use team mate contain to contain the man on the ball, then use the right stick to select another player, he can get in the way of the most probable pass and then you can intercept quickly

Dont know if I'm explaining that well but I know what I mean :eek:

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Getting really into this now, and more used to the tactical defending. ALWAYS contain and never slide tackle unless you need to. And when attacking it's a process of having a slow build up and look for the killer pass.

Sitting 2nd in my career mode as Charlton, unbeaten in the league, and managed to thump Walsall 5-2 and Rochdale 6-0.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
WTF are the packs all about? Seriously dont get them?

Im alot worse at this than Fifa 11, Im on Proffessional.

Im a bit foreveralone on Xboxlive feel free to add customclio2k7 :)