ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fifa 17 Frostbite/Journey

So Fifa 17 is now using Frostbite and they have shown 'the Journey' trailer.

So Fifa with story mode... thoughts?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I really like it, for the last few Fifa's I've only ever played Create a Pro mode so this looks right up my street. It was in desperate need of a revamp in some way.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Please tell me that like me, you upload your own game face to your pro?

Ha ha! I made a gameface, similar to mine. I don't have Kinect you see. Peasant gaming!

The only thing that worries me, is that you won't be able to do that here. I.e. personalise the story mode.....I suspect you'll be fixed as Alex Hunter.

I liked creating a pro, and playing loads of seasons building my "career". I'd like to create my own pro here, but in a wider storyline / footballing environment.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's just that one character you can play as and only sign for the Premier League clubs. It seems that they've introduced proper managers in to the game too, I'm sure Mourinho is in the trailer.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Downloaded it on EA access, only had 10 minutes on it. My Lad likes it though so looks like another purchase [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abarth 595
Had a few games now. They have made finesse shots even easier to score with which is disappointing. The journey seems quite fun so far though. Something I've noticed with corners is the default positioning seems about the best place to put the ball anyways, always seems to find my player.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I've only played the demo so far but it impressed me enough to warrant getting the full game. Good job I'm on my last night shift now so I can get on it next week!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Game is actually making me angry, haha :(. Through balls dont ever work, finishing is ridiculously hard, passing is almost pin point accurate (stupid) but rather slow, players just make weird mistakes, and the whole game is just s**t. Will keep playing though.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Finally enjoying it a bit now, now I've got used to it!

Started The Journey the other day too, pretty cool! Annoying you go straight into a Prem team though, wanted to join Portsmouth :(

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Finally enjoying it a bit now, now I've got used to it!

Started The Journey the other day too, pretty cool! Annoying you go straight into a Prem team though, wanted to join Portsmouth 😧

I was a bit disappointed about only being Prem league teams, but was soon turfed out on loan to the Championship.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I've heard the journey is only 1 season long? That would really disappoint me if it's true.

Still need to pick this up

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Got this for my birthday today, looking forward to trying it out as heard good feedback generally.

Also heard about journey being 1 season.. likely they will try charge for a DLC or something!

DCi
I was wondering if chapter 2 would be DLC or Fifa 18?
On the one hand he is only 17 so has an entire career to go through, I guess this could involve a big transfer & international call up but I don't think I could do 15 seasons, they would have to fast forward some of it :D

I like the game though, being able to shield and turn quite precisely is really useful

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
I find that no matter what I do in training or games I always am never in the first team.. now loaned out.. Chose Newcastle and absolutely banging them in each week!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i think the journey is a great addition to the game. the cut scenes are a bit annoying though. is there a way to skip them?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've started it but it's a bit slow, so I'm mainly playing online seasons.

Are you lot on xbox or ps?