ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally have my 172 cup for track days and fun

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
Today picked up my 172 cup. Will be using it for track days. It is already prepped for track days and is stripped out with quite a few things done already. So will see what else makes sense to do....but first will be a good service and going over before the first track day.
20160514_194944.jpg
20160514_194957.jpg

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
I am going to do a few jobs but would welcome advise on other things to check or get done prior to first track day
remove clean check brakes pads and pistons, discs and replace brake fluid
oil and filter change
clean air filter
check strutts for leaks
get all wheels balanced
check and regap plugs
check all bushes
book in somewhere for cam belt and should they replace tensioner or are they usually ok, any advice on where or typical costs?
would the dephaser thing need doing or checking? any advice on where or typical costs?
I live south of reading near the m3 J5
car is 172 cup and has done 82k miles but engine has done 41k miles as was replaced by Renault with a complete new engine
any advice is gratefully received....i will search the forum but in case i miss anything then feel free to chip in.
specs it has are as follows..
pro sport full system
jenvy throttle body
oil cooler
sparco evo seats and harnesses
eibach springs and koni adjustables
3x sets 15 inch wheels, two sets with r888s
2500 pads and grooved or drilled disks
omex ecu and cams and other mods
apparently produces 203 bhp at wheels (unsure if this is realistic but has 3 different rolling road reports each increasing bhp over time...i guess with mods done etc)
car is stripped out, no rear seats
no door cards but will look to get something to cover the holes
inlet manifold matching....not sure what that is

I suspect maybe someone on here used to own it?
will get some pics tomorrow and post them

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Sounds like a good spec..sould do well round track. Those bhp figures could be true..but it takes ££££ to get an engine to that spec, pretty easy to get these to 200bhp at the fly wheel. Check to see if the head has been matched to your bodies by looking down down them, ported ones will be smooth.
Anything you need to know about clios is in here.
Does it have a Diff ? Great mod..helps get all that power down, probably the best mod for these I think.
Enjoy :up:

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
Sounds like a good spec..sould do well round track. Those bhp figures could be true..but it takes ££££ to get an engine to that spec, pretty easy to get these to 200bhp at the fly wheel. Check to see if the head has been matched to your bodies by looking down down them, ported ones will be smooth.
Anything you need to know about clios is in here.
Does it have a Diff ? Great mod..helps get all that power down, probably the best mod for these I think.
Enjoy :up:
OK. Many thanks for the feedback. I have around 3-4k in receipts for engine mods so it has had a fair amount of wire done. I will look into the bits you mentioned and see if I can find out more

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
That looks like a brilliant package you bought there.
Cambelt and dephaser is usually about £500 on a car with A/C but a cup would be cheaper. Dephaser sounds like a rattle from the top of the engine which should be easy to hear.
All the other plans sound great. I'd check the angle of those rear harnesses though as they won't do their job properly at the wrong angle. http://www.msar.co.uk/pdf/UsersGuideRacingHarness.pdf
Very interested to hear what the engine mods are.

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
That looks like a brilliant package you bought there.
Cambelt and dephaser is usually about £500 on a car with A/C but a cup would be cheaper. Dephaser sounds like a rattle from the top of the engine which should be easy to hear.
All the other plans sound great. I'd check the angle of those rear harnesses though as they won't do their job properly at the wrong angle. http://www.msar.co.uk/pdf/UsersGuideRacingHarness.pdf
Very interested to hear what the engine mods are.
Many thanks...the engine sounds very sweet but the cam belt was done around 8k mls ago and 5 years so will change everything so that I know it is all sorted from day 1.

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
Well a few jobs have been done now,
Dephaser
UCH repaired by guy on ebay for £34! ,sent off on a monday and received back on a wednesday repaired!!
waterpump
cambelt kit done
brake fluids
dog bone thingy
oils
coolant
filters
new pads and disks front and rear
new nankang ar1s all round
sticker kit from the kids!
new battery
new sparkplugs on way
bushes and general check up done by mike when he did the other work so hoping it will be good for the first track day soon
getting there....