ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finance Clio

MK3 PH2 1.2
Heelllo all,

My clio is on finance and is the cheapest option for me to get a car (can't get a loan and can't save for shiit) and after my old clio, 1.5 Dci Dynamique head gasket was about to go bang , i wanted a newer clio :) and one that i wouldn't have to keep fixing . Just wondering if anyone else has a finance car and with regards to modding what they've done and how far you can mod ?

Smo

tbh mate I wouldn't bother, they will throw up any excuse to not cover the warranty. In my opinion the best mod for newer clios is lowering them, though theres no way they will cover your warranty if you start messing with the suspension.

^ I thought that if you modded the car, it was just the area that the warranty was voided... i.e. lower it, all the suspension wasnt under warranty anymore?

MK3 PH2 1.2
Ahh ok , well atm all ive done is painted the diamonds lol ;) and getting some alloys but im gonna have a good read through the T&C and warranty. Also i my car is an ex-demo so the first owner was Renault technically so don't know if that changes anything :S lol

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Ahh ok , well atm all ive done is painted the diamonds lol ;) and getting some alloys but im gonna have a good read through the T&C and warranty. Also i my car is an ex-demo so the first owner was Renault technically so don't know if that changes anything :S lol

Thats why you ask at the dealer when puchasing/leasing. Should do though.

172cup/ insignia
wheels shudnt affect your warranty as long as you dont go for a stupid size i.e the wheels plus tyres are same size as original wheels with tyres are thats what fiat warranty told me anyways

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just do mods that can be taken off if anything breaks? Simples.

MK3 PH2 1.2
Just do mods that can be taken off if anything breaks? Simples.

Tis the idea not a big fan really of exterior modding anyways

wheels shudnt affect your warranty as long as you dont go for a stupid size i.e the wheels plus tyres are same size as original wheels with tyres are thats what fiat warranty told me anyways

I'm getting 17'' Nervasports

modding the suspension will generally mean that part is not covered by warranty, and if they can prove that part directly affected something else, then that part will also not be covered!

172cup/ insignia
17s can make the car feel sluggish especial if its a small engine plus puts more strain on the gearbox etc as their heavier

^ I thought that if you modded the car, it was just the area that the warranty was voided... i.e. lower it, all the suspension wasnt under warranty anymore?

You could be right dude, but you know what they are like with warranties.

To OP you could of set up a standing order of say 150 a month to transfer to another account and save it. This is what I do, if its not there to spend in my current account I wont spend it.

MK3 PH2 1.2
You could be right dude, but you know what they are like with warranties.

To OP you could of set up a standing order of say 150 a month to transfer to another account and save it. This is what I do, if its not there to spend in my current account I wont spend it.

True true with my current situation i need a car, and a better job would be helpful but my low income £600ish a month hard to save. Thanks for th input guys :)

GTD, Lupo
They will only refuse to cover an item with warranty if it has been effected by an item you have changed. I wouldnt bother doing anything to the engine as this is a bit of a risky area and they will try their hardest to get around this if it breaks. Dont run a stupid ofset or deepdish wheels as they will eat bearings and wont be covered. Just be carefull.

F*** me thats dedication.

I paid my car and insurance in full and still b***h about paying £200 a month on fuel and I earn a fair bit more than that

MK3 PH2 1.2
Haha yeeeh, noting compared to my old clio 1.5 deisel, the car was mine paid £90 a month for insurance and 50 for diesel. I do miss it !! haha