ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finding a decent set of sidelight bulbs

172 cup
ah sh** they aint E marked

someone have a link to some decent road legal ones.

I would leave them out but im a bit fussy tbh, if they keep blowing then i might have to.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
FLOL. Seriously ? They're 5W bulbs...

Probably only get 5-6 years in the hole if you get caught.

PS: I ran with no sidelights (as the stupid French electrics kept blowing them) no rear number plate light and no cat for 2 years on my black ph1 with black wheels and black badges.

Never got so much as a glance from the Five-O.

3410222196_130f4dde76_z.jpg

Last edited:
  172 cup
The police are hot my way, Ron doesnt need to call em in as there is a traffic police base in Bicester and vosa up the road

My mate got 3 points and fine for no washer fluid in his bottle. I know there only sidelights but tbh i'd rather not risk getting a fine.
It's like the 3/4 plate waste of time if getting pulled for it.

SQ5
The police are hot my way, Ron doesnt need to call em in as there is a traffic police base in Bicester and vosa up the road

My mate got 3 points and fine for no washer fluid in his bottle. I know there only sidelights but tbh i'd rather not risk getting a fine.

3 points for no washer fluid, that's only a fine lol. He no way got 3 points.

172 cup
It is a joke srs, Quite a few deaths round my area with people being idiots.

Two lads died going head on into a tree at 100mph in a 205 with a mi16 lump not declared on insurance, ever since they've been cracking down on everything.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

In all seriousness, have you tried this type of LED bulb?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Xenon...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa6e1f1c1

I have this type and they've been in a year and still going strong.

SQ5
Lol they can't give points for something that doesn't owe to points. Did the lads that crash also have non e marked sidelights?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Lol they can't give points for something that doesn't owe to points. Did the lads that crash also have non e marked sidelights?

I would imagine his windscreen was in a s**t state with no water in washers to clean it. Probably gave him 3 points for 'dangerous condition' rather than not having water in reservoir.

172 cup

well he may have been lying for all i know!! it werent me so dont know

Wouldnt no wether they did or not, bit hard to ask when they are dead

Grow the fcuk up

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Had some similar to them, think they were 7 LED though.

Just checked back and mine are the 7 led too . I had this guy in my saved sellers list . But they look exactly the same . No need to spend silly money on sidelights when you can get em for a couple of quid off ebay :D

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
In all seriousness, have you tried this type of LED bulb?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Xenon...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa6e1f1c1

I have this type and they've been in a year and still going strong.

They take a bit of manoeuvring to get them in but they do fit.

I have just ordered some of these as they look brilliant! What bit takes a bit of manoeuvring? are they a direct replacement but just in a poor access area?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I have just ordered some of these as they look brilliant! What bit takes a bit of manoeuvring? are they a direct replacement but just in a poor access area?

I found that they seemed a bit large to get through the small hole into the light unit. They did go in with a bit of fiddling though. And like mark said I also had to cut a slither off the connector end to plug it in.

Mental 172 Cup
Why not just leave the blown ones in there and then if you get pulled play dumb.. At least you still have bulbs in there and have not taken them out completely..