ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finding out if you have a RS stamped inlet mani..(pic inside)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Afternoon,

I was tempted to have a look last night but can someone just confirm to me that i just need to undo the bolts that the red arrows point too?

engine-1.jpg

I think they're 10mm nuts from memory but they were done up to FT. I dont want to try and undo them with too much might but if its def just them i'll get some WD down in there for a few days to try and loosen them a little.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Alright, nuts, bolts..whatever..haha! To be honest i only tried the furthest left and middle which are the two im guessing. Should they be silly tight? It worries me a bit that something might break they're that tight.

Alright, nuts, bolts..whatever..haha! To be honest i only tried the furthest left and middle which are the two im guessing. Should they be silly tight? It worries me a bit that something might break they're that tight.

They need to be tight or they will come undome due to the vibration from the engine, if your worried just leave the fuel rail guard off its not needed anyway

182cup & 172 racecar
They need to be tight or they will come undome due to the vibration from the engine, if your worried just leave the fuel rail guard off its not needed anyway
What's it there for then?,you go into the back of somebody,what gets it first.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well I took it off to find this -

e89910b8.jpg

So am I right in thinking there's not much point in matched inlets?

182 Trophy
Excuse my ignorance, but where is the stamp?

Am I likely to have this stamp on mine? It's a 2005 trophy.