ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fire stick upgrade affects KODI?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Trying to watch the final and its flashing up that my homebuttonobserver has failed and it can't 'clear logcat' 'logcat failed'
I've done nothing with this stick, basically bought off ebay and plugged it in.
Does it need regular updates and stuff? half the apps dont work any more either like genesis and sportsdevil live sports tv
Do I need to plug it into my laptop and update stuff?

There's a firestick thread in technology section

Did you buy one preloaded with kodi and add ons? If so that'll be where your problem lies. They're notoriously dodgy.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I did indeed, the thread might as well be written in Chinese, I need a super idiots guide!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I keep meaning to buy one of these, if only it or Netflix could get Sky F1 I could cancel my subscription and save myself a decent chunk of cash each month.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
All I know is I'm getting sky back in November. Bt is f**king s**t!!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I keep meaning to buy one of these, if only it or Netflix could get Sky F1 I could cancel my subscription and save myself a decent chunk of cash each month.

You'll probably be able to get the F1 streams on it. Not sure about the non racing stuff but I think the races will be on there.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
Trying to watch the final and its flashing up that my homebuttonobserver has failed and it can't 'clear logcat' 'logcat failed'
I've done nothing with this stick, basically bought off ebay and plugged it in.
Does it need regular updates and stuff? half the apps dont work any more either like genesis and sportsdevil live sports tv
Do I need to plug it into my laptop and update stuff?

Just go to settings -> manage installed apps -> then uninstall fire starter then force close kodi and reopen it and it should work

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ok thanks I'll do that. As for finding apps for films and football that work....?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
For £30 quid and a program download i'd be a fool not to.
Check the Amazon thread in Technology chat. Not sure what builds are the best at the moment. I have one but I've not used it for a while so might have to update it. Plenty of tutorials on how to do it too.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Kodi is great but it's free and therefore unreliable. IPTV subscription is the way to go, the ufc stream last night was a flawless 1080p

dk

911 GTS Cab
I love it when people try to save money by pirating stuff but then aren't clever enough and expect everything to be done for them ;)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah had a dabble just now but got bored. Turned the annoying firestarter thing off tho.
Was told to install exodus for films but can't find it

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Use 15.2 untill 16.0 is running properly.

Get Ares wizard then install a build from there if you are new to kodi.

Otherwise, install repos individually. Much better.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ok thanks guys, will revert back to this thread after work tomorrow.
Idiotic question surely, but do I upgrade by plugging into my laptop, or through the firestick remote plugged into the tv?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Its easy.
Plug in firestick, register on amazon etc etc.
Download ES file share.
Download kodi.
Install Ares wizard.
Choose a build and install that.
Watch.

Watch abfew youtube videos. Seriously, that's how I learnt how to do it. Don't pay anyone for one pre-installed as they will eventually need re-doing anyway so you will have to do it yourself regardless.

172 berg, Fabia VRS
Ares wizard is good but I keep going back to the TV add ons build as it's easy, for sport then robocop is the best I've found even though the plp sector is down at the moment. For movies and TV shows then exodus is by far the winner as it's made by the genesis guys and that repo was by far and away THE repo to have.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Couldn't find exodus through the stick plugged into tv through apps menu

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Kodi is great but it's free and therefore unreliable. IPTV subscription is the way to go, the ufc stream last night was a flawless 1080p
What IPTV service do you use? I'm thinking of subscribing for the football and golf as I only have BT Sports at the moment.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
What IPTV service do you use? I'm thinking of subscribing for the football and golf as I only have BT Sports at the moment.

its a mates plex server - I run it on a now tv box. very impressive for £70 a year.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
for retards maybe.
49e9d11d27db1ce2d9da984066966921.jpg

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yes it's an preloaded stick with kodi and I have bt sports and crap tv normally through subscription

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a bump.

What are you guys using on your kodi nowadays?
Exodus is best at the moment for movies etc and SALTS.
Struggling with sports as of late. Have been using NJM and sportsdevil but they arent all that reliable.