ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First actual thrashing alone.

Renault clio rs 200
Owned the car for just over a month now but tonight i took it out for a raz on my own.
My god does this thing put a smile on my face.
im going to have to book a track day or two and learn how this thing should be driven. it always makes me nervous driving with vigour on a B road when i dont know how the car reacts to my inputs. Compared to my last car (volvo s40) this feels tail happy when thrown into corners but i think thats just an illusion as it turns in so fast.
also i need to run these crap tyres off and start with a fresh set of rubber on all 4 corners.

What tyres does everyone recomend? for general road use?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Goodyear Eagle f1 on the rear and some "three A" mega budget recycled wheelie bins on the front!. We're on the car when I bought it.
I'm getting the F1s taken off of my impreza to be replaced by PS4'S.

Everyone goes on about how good they are.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Goodyear Eagle f1 on the rear and some "three A" mega budget recycled wheelie bins on the front!. We're on the car when I bought it.

The Micky mouse ones on the front won't be helping lol. PS3 seems a good shout or I like the hsnkook v12 evo

Renault clio rs 200
Pilot Sport 3s for sure if it's a 1*2, if it's a Mk3 with 17 inch wheels then go for the Pilot Super Sport.

Pics of S40 and clio :smile:

For some reason I don't miss the volvo, I can't put my finger on why.
FB_IMG_1482837287639.jpg
20161112_185136.jpg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, keep forgetting that there's a 4 now. But I thought the replacement for the PSS is the PS4 S
It's confusing as ever with Michelin.

PS4 is the replacement for the PS2 BUT it's better than the PSS that is currently around in basically every situation other than on a bone dry track.

The PS4 S will be to the PS4 what the PSS was to the PS2.

If that makes sense.

I replaced all my Kumho Solus crap tyres with Dunlop Sport Maxx and couldn't be happier. Great value for money and amazing grip in the wet, dry or even on icy roads. These tyres have completely transformed my car.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Strange to see Racing Blue with the Anthracite Pack. Not sure if want.
Tyre-wise, I'd go for Pilot Sport 4s for a road tyre.
I'm having a set of Advan AD08Rs fitted tomorrow as I'm planning less road use (commuting at least) and the odd track day up to summer. I'll do a write up after I've used them properly.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Funnily enough since I've last seen this thread, I've fitted a pair of PS4, fantastic tyre.

The PS4 S isn't available in anything less than a 19 inch wheel, and PS4 not available in anything less than a 17, so sadly neither is really going to be available for a 1*2 but for the Mk3s I'd definitely be all over a set of PS4.

Clio 200
I run on Yoko AD08R's. Absolutely stunning tyre. The grip is immense and I've had no issues over winter, although I'm down in Devon so it barely gets very cold and we've had no snow at all! I won't use anything else now.