ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First attempt at light trails

Clio MK2 1.2 Grande
I decided to have a go at shooting light trails as I recently discovered that my Panasonic DMC-FZ18 can shoot exposures of 8s. I didn't have a tripod and could really have done with one!
Anyway here's some pictures
6021477039_66ae37870a.jpg

LightTrails by Slimethy, on Flickr

6021477509_42e97f36a3.jpg

LightTrails3 by Slimethy, on Flickr

6021478199_1c70af437f.jpg

LightTrails5 by Slimethy, on Flickr

6021478877_4c2a50b536.jpg

LightTrails7 by Slimethy, on Flickr

And one that is a mess but looks like a T-Rex
6022031164_711b85240a.jpg

LightTrails2 by Slimethy, on Flickr

Not amazing as it was my first time, so C+C very welcome.

Chris.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
As said, you need a tripod but I really like the first one. It looks like its been taken through a window with rain falling, well, it does to me anyway.

Have a look at the bargain tripod thread in here, well worth the money!

182 Turbo Project
Tripod fo sho!

Or I managed to get quite a decent one by resting the camera on the hand rail of the bridge.

Worked quite well, I shall try and find it!

Budget photography ftw!

Nice attempt! We all started somewhere. Just get a tripod and have another go, you'll be amazed at the difference! (hopefully!)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
what camera setting do you need for this i have a canon d500 and giving a long exposure means i end up with a white pictures, so what settings should i use then.

Oh and the pics dont look half bad considering u had no tripod

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Tripod? Pah. Outdoor table and a fcuk load of piled up books.

4666029132_b090a24067_z.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers fella :eek:

No worries, PM me your email address and I'll ping it across to you when I get home.

Clio MK2 1.2 Grande
Cheers guys, definitely gonna take a tripod next time, or at least find a spot with a ledge/railing

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
You'll need a tripod for anything over about 1/10 really, unless you're amazingly steady. Night pictures will normally always be >1sec so tripod or solid rest and remote/2sec timer is needed to avoid shake !