ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First cleaning/detailing kit...help

BG 182FF
Hi...Ok, so i've got my BG182 and want to treat it to some proper interior and exterior care :eek:! currently the paintwork is in average condition for age i'd say with some swirl marks and many minor scratches.

My question really is what products will i need for both the exterior and interior... so far i've thought of these for the exterior:

Soap- Maybe Megs gold class (any others worth looking at?)
Megs clay kit
Megs scratchx
Gtechniq P1 polish
AG high definition wax

Will these products combine well to give me a high quality finish baring in mind i don't have a machine polisher? Have i missed anything out that's worth investing in?

Also, what would people recommend for interior cleaning and care? There is some extensive mud staining in the boot and some marks on the leather and the alcantara of the seats too that i'd like sorted! Maybe i'm getting obsessive... maybe just in love :p

Any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. Dom

BG 182FF
Autoglym life shine kit might be worth lookin at ??

​will have some decent basic stuff in there which can be added to by buying a nice wax etc

Trophy #491
To be honest, if you are hand polishing I wouldnt bother... Unless you have a few days to spend doing it.

I'd go with an all in one. Auto Finesse Tripple or Auto Glym SRP will do the job. As for the wax it all depends on how much your looking to spend.

BG 182FF
cheers. i've been thinking an all in one might be the answer but i don't mind dedicating a bit of time to hand polishing to give a better finish, just need a good day (or two) for it! Got plenty of little jobs that need doing on the car so it's going to be a busy summer it seems... hopefully not an expensive one