ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First day with my new 182

Megane 225 Trophy
I bought a 2004 182 cup last night. I;ve done about 150 miles already having done a 100 mile run for work this morning on mainly a roads,

First impressions are great. I;'ve never ownder a fwd or hatchback before. Had in the past GTR33, TT Supra, 4 x 200sx, mx5, Bmw, E55AMG etc. This car puts a massive grin on your face and its so lively, it feels like it a coiled spring waiting to go off.

It could do with an extra gear on the motorway as it feels like its working hard at 80ish

Lots of people warned me off renaults before I bought it but I;m delighted with how solid it feels and the quality of everythnig in a 6 yr old car

Saying that I overestimated its grip on a roundabout this morning. It was wet and I wasn;t going particularly quickly but I lost the back end and luckily corrected it ok. I;m happy thats happened now with no disaster as it will teach me its limits, maybe it needs better rear tyres but lesson learnt!!

Anyhows I;m enjoying it and looking forward to the dry roads!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Enjoy the car, i must be mad been driving 1*2 for 5 years now!

Cool post, i can still never work out how people lose the backend in these cars :S

Same here, saying that did Stowe circuit at Silverstone, same corner everytime arse end would come out, it's never done it anywhere else, even when i try :(

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I lost my back end goin a bit too quick (must ave been a little wet on the corner) but managed to catch it with T/C being off so i could plant the throttle to pull it back but there's deffo a noticeable breaking point for me now but before I found where it was it came as a massive shock to the system because these cars are soo planted till that point lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
For me, wet, tight roundabout, 2nd gear, loads of revs going round at a good highish speed, lift off, nothing.

320d
The back end was very planted in my 172 too. I know some people with 1*2's have the back end out constantly. I suppose it depends on tyres, suspension setup etc.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Tyres are the reason why my back end always used to be out, since having new ones on though it's cured it. *touch wood*

BG FF 182
I picked up my first Clio 182 FF last night... and like you, I am loving it! I had a DC2 Integra before and that was a very harsh ride, very rattely interior wise too. This is much nicer to live with on a daily basis, and awesome to finally not have any rattles lol!

Mines a 2004 also in BG. Love all the gadgets that come with the FF edition. Enjoy the car bud :)

Megane 225 Trophy
I think it must be the rear tyres the seller did say something about them but the grip had been that impressive I probably took a liberty whilst it was wet

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
so many storys of people lossing back ends on here yet no one seems to check the cars biggest common fault of leaking rear dampers! ive had to change the rear dampers on 5 of my 6 clios (and number 6 is a clio 3 and 3 months old! so doesnt really count) so out of my mk2 clios ive had a 100% rear damper failure rate...

Megane 225 Trophy
cheers for the heads up Martin I knew nothing about that, In the history it says they were replaced in last 5k miles

I;m well impressed with the brakes on these cars they are spot on

rs clio ph1 172
so many storys of people lossing back ends on here yet no one seems to check the cars biggest common fault of leaking rear dampers! ive had to change the rear dampers on 5 of my 6 clios (and number 6 is a clio 3 and 3 months old! so doesnt really count) so out of my mk2 clios ive had a 100% rear damper failure rate...
did you notice a difference once you changed them?