ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First major work

Gordini 182!
Hey All,

I havent been so lucky with my 182. The first week i bough it the timing skipped a couple of teeth which luckly didnt cost me anything as the place i bought it off paid for the work. The day i got it back the alternator caught fire. Then the matrix decided to break which cost me a new matrix and carpets! The latest thing was the engine made a funny noise and when my partner had a look the cams were chewed to bits sending bits of metal througout the engine :/ After some time off work and money well spent my lovely partner went to the trouble of swapping the engines and whilst out some other work.

I scrubbed the new engine and Rich got to work with painting it...
1grdww.jpg

He shot blasted and painted quite a lot of parts...
2rpp9bp.jpg

29nwio1.jpg

2n543k.jpg

I polished back the Renault Sport...
161ixzq.jpg

The sub frame was dented by the previous owner so i bought a new one which Rich painted...
29c5pqv.jpg

After all the shot blasting and painting it finally looked like this. The engine mounts were the last thing to be painted so when fitting it back into the Clio they wernt scratched.
2s69gt3.jpg

The old one, looking sorry for its self in the corner of the workshop. My job at some point is to strip it down, clean it up and buy new parts for it, as id like the original engine back at some point.

Think my partner did a good job :)
2vrwnyt.jpg

Mec 350 slk manual
Done well after all the bad luck you had at the start , might be worth putting a new clutch in as well

Gordini 182!
Yep new clutch was done, bushes, gaskets, bolts, servicables everything from the windscreen forward was either replaced or refurbed. Also a snappy steering wheel

Gordini 182!
Thanks! I know, it annoyed me having those bolted on the mint engine but as said above we left them till after the engine was fitted to blast and paint them as we needed them to hoist the lump in and didnt want to scratch them.

Gordini 182!
Hehe still looks just as clean! I have a gleaming smile when ever I see her Now that the engine is done, think it's time to sort that dent and finally put my new grill on. Exciting stuff!!