ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First MOT

My 172 failed! First MOT and I thought she may fail on the front tyres but no. This girl failed on the front coil spring. Has anyone had this problem with theirs?

Yes the passenger side. The Parkers Guide ages ago said something about them failing their first mot on the rear ones but didnt say anything about the front.

Out of warranty. Renault have quoted £168 for the springs and the man there was surprised they had gone. Rhys youre talking to a girlie here, will mk2 springs fit a mk1?!

Dunno, youre talking to someone who bought a car for £500, changed the brakes and sold it for £200 and somehow managed to get about three blocks of lard wedged in the engine bay in the meantime :confused:

BenR, BobRTE? These are the people to ask!

im surprised they have gone......they really shouldnt.

No accidents, rough use, rough rds etc etc

Skoda Fabia vRS

well its as good excuse as any to get some lowerin springs, if you really dont wanna lower it then you could go for Eibach, they hardly lower it at all and are very good springs....and will be cheaper than Ren ones

cor that doesnt sound good.

Iv had mine a year and a half, a year of which it had to go in storage.

since gettin it back iv got vibration, i just put it down to it not being moved

thus flat spots bein created on tyres, perhaps i should check me springs

before the warranty runs out!!

Lizzie, let me know if you want those springs now that BenR has said theyll go on a MK1. Was the £168 just for the front springs?! Renault really are cheeky feckers!

No rough use BenR. 38K on original tyres!

Thanks for the offer Rhys but picked up the new ones today and yes it was just for the front.

Trying to get in touch with Renault UK but no joy so far. Think its time for a letter! Whether I get anywhere is another thing but maybe worth a try.