ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Trackday in the Abarth

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Took the Abarth to cadwell today to see how it went. So impressed with it for a standard car! Anyway a few pics!

fk002a.jpg

dcg7cl.jpg

23w90nt.jpg

e9f776.jpg

esokz8.jpg

jkuhsp.jpg

357rg1y.jpg

357rg1y.jpg

20ht6d5.jpg

Hopefully have some videos as well when i get time to sort it!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Really really good pics. Were they from the tracks photographer or something.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
It's pretty much the same speed as a 172/182 in a straight line. Hard to tell with handling as all the clios there were on non standard suspension and Semi slicks. Was keeping with alot of well set up stuff through the corners though apart from one Mx5 which turned out to be on slicks!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Gonna keep the box till the warranty is up I think

How much is left? We mapped it towards the end of 2nd year warranty as once you read what was actually covered in 3rd year it wasn't a great deal.

Although ours is going in December time for a 180 now.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
It's got around 9 months left.
Think if I was gonna get it mapped then I'd probs get a few other bits as well.
Saw your getting a 180, good choice!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Looks the same as mine.

How did you find the handling, I've found the clio was a lot better in that department?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
It's got around 9 months left.
Think if I was gonna get it mapped then I'd probs get a few other bits as well.
Saw your getting a 180, good choice!

Its been a great car though, never seen a dealership for anything other than a service and its covered nearly 30k in 2 years. Its had plenty of abuse as well lol.

Got any more track days planned? I can't wait for my clio to come back so I can get more booked, haven't done one since May.

Yeah should be good, hopefully TMC do a box for it as mapping these new ones is an ecu job out.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
how did you get on with the hazards flashing under heavy braking? or have you found a way to turn that feature off.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Just had to try and ignore it lol. Seems quite a common thing on newer cars. At cadwell there aren't that many super heavy braking sections so it isn't as bad

Look's great on track, I need to grow some balls and take my ST on track lol. I've got such a huge soft spot for these. Drove a normal 130 brake one and rather liked it. Was plenty quick enough then!

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
These are great cars and I had more fun in mine than in the M3 I've got now..

Steering I found a bit artificial but other than that, great cars! I'd like to get the new 180 Competizione, but I've already had one and fancy a JCW next.

The hazards always annoyed me under heavy braking!