ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First tripod

Suzuki Ignis
Yeah looks pretty, must be good!
Ive got one of those and there crap. Well there ok but not all that good for long exposures especially if your using an SLR making it top heavy. Use mine as a light stand now for a flash. There ok to start off but you'll soon realise you need some thing a bit stronger and heavier.

Get a decent one, no point getting a cheap one for an SLR, whether its your first one or not. Get a decent tripod and it will be your first and last.

A £30 is just not worth it IMO, they are not usually good weight carriers and not at all sturdy in windy woo conditions.

Save up the pennies and get a Manfrotto or similar, and look at the weight it can take when buying.

You wont regret going for a better one in the long run :)

If your on a budget, then this one is pretty good as its got a decent discount:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-MANFROTTO...ryZ97006QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Abarth Grande Punto
^ Thats a good price. I got a cheap one from play.com a while back and it was a piece of s**t!

FF Blackgold 182
Got a Velbon CX640 for my dslr a few years ago and it's great. I didn't want to spend a fortune and I didn't want to get some cheap crap either. Perfect for what I use it for. I have a Manfrotto monopod as well, for when I don't need the full works.