ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted my Eibachs today

Ph2 Flamer
Rears were nice and easy :cool: but getting one of the nuts off the front n/s shock was an absolute tw*t. Was hammering away at it and soaking it in wd40 for ages till it gave up and came out.

Didn't enjoy using the spring compressors.. probably seen too many youtube disasters but I was just waiting for the things to slip and have the spring fly off killing the cat or smashing a window :S.

Found putting the shocks back on wasn't easy as you have to sort of push down on the disc/wishbone to get the holes to line up with those in the shock and it wants to wobble off all over the place. Needed at least one extra hand to have made it easy.

Whinging over though it looks much better in terms of the arch gap and the ride seems less harsh than with the std springs plus the steering, turning corners etc feels a bit nicer. Hard to explain but based on a brief drive about it feels better than it did on the 86,000mile stock springs. Good to get under the old girl as well and learn a new set of skills. Also marked up the strut tops for the Pure Motor Sport solid top mounts and strut brace, so that'll be going on in the next week or so, weather and time allowing. Can't wait

View attachment 73607

Ph2 Flamer
Yeah I read that on here somewhere. Getting the old ones off didn't need em but there was no way I was squashing the eibachs and getting the top mounts back on on me todd. Reckon I'd have had to put most of my weight on the spring to squash it down far enough and wouldn't have a spare hand to put that nut on to hold it all together. Would defo have broken my jaw lol

Saw Fred mention the pure motor sport strutbrace on here and say it was decent and I had JMS put their aircon delete kit on when I first got the car (for cheaper belt changes and the air con was knackered anyway) so have a healthy respect for their work. As the strut tops knock a bit on full lock I put it along with the brace above a whiteline on the wishlist.