ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted these washer jets

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
After reading on some blog about these went to citroen today and collected for about 8 quid. part number visible in the photo:
P1100523.jpg
the mounting clamps are identical to the original jets, took me 2 mins to fit :)

and they work like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpy6oYsae9w&feature=player_embedded
^not my video but you get the idea
nice upgrade imo
cheers!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
will tell you soon enough. shouldn't be that bad considering many new cars are equipped with these. anyway, with the old ones it's either they work good at 70 but spray above the car at low speeds or bad at 70 and good at low speeds... at least with these I'll get a nice spray top or bottom of windscreen :D

Monaro VXR
Looks like similar item as used on the C4.

Not sure how much aerodynamics / bonnet location will play a part. However, they work fine at all speeds on the C4. Including those well above 70.

Nissan 350z
Nice find ripp. Its not very often people discover something useful and new to add, i think the last being the Skoda splitter :)

306 GTI-6
They are Citroen Xsara washer jets.

The ones form the Peugeot 307 or 308 are also the same, but are angled slightly differently, so with a little bit of trial and error I am sure they will hit the windscreen fine.

The Xsara ones were the first mod i did to my Gti6.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
actually no, they are C3 jets, or at leas that's how I've found them. It's very likely they are the same with the xsara/c4/who nows what else

Clio 182
Put a set of these on mine yesterday. Work so much better than the Standard ones.
So cheep to do.
Was going past the scrap yard by work and spotted a Xsara. Got them off in about 2min and asked the bloke
how much and he said "you can have them mate". :)
Got home and spent a good 5min putting them on.

306 GTI-6
actually no, they are C3 jets, or at leas that's how I've found them. It's very likely they are the same with the xsara/c4/who nows what else

Actually yes.

This has been a mod thats been about on the 306 forums for a few years, and the C3 wsnt out when it started.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I bought them as being c3 jets, had no idea back then the xara also has them. so they're the same on both c3/xara. any other models in the citroen range who share these jets?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Seems like a good idea :)
Do they just pull out of the bonnet or unclip from the underside?

Iceberg 172
I'm ordering a new starter motor and a few bits from the motor factors tomorrow so will add this to the list!

Thanks!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Had these on my Scenic for over a year and they're mint. They do spray over the car at slow speed but ive found short bursts work well and solve that problem... they are bang on over 40mph though and work perfect at 80mph.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Anyone got a part number then?

I rang Citroen today but as per usual they wanted a chassi number or a reg plate :S

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Anyone got a part number then?

I rang Citroen today but as per usual they wanted a chassi number or a reg plate :S
in the first pic you can see the part number written on the package ;)

Are they retro fit? as i want them on my ignis!!

take one of your jets off the bonnet and take a pic to the mounting hole then we'll see if it fits

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Just dug my receipt out for you... didn't fit the Scenic without some twisting effort but I believe they'll fit the Clio II much better.

Part Description: H23D Washer Jet
Part No: C6438V8
Unit Price: £3.61
Units Req'd: 2

Deffo a worthwhile upgrade and your washer bottle won't empty as fast with them either - Another option is the VW offerings but some of them are designed to hide under the top edge of the bonnet so check out the range before buying say Passat III items

Nissan 350z
Hmm i wonder if these will fit a Mk3 Clio as well, the 200's are EXACTLY the same as the 172s :(

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
take them off the bonnet and take a pic. I'll tell you if they fit

Nissan 350z
Thanks Ripp, I will do that the next time i get the chance to because at the moment the car is covered with snow so i dont think it will be for a couple of days :(

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
so winter came to to visit you also :) I found 5 mm of ice covering the whole car today, couldn't open the trunk lol

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
they should be good but the citroen ones are cheaper ;)
they are an alternative though

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
what are they like at 70mph?????
I recently had a highway run and at 80 they do spray at the bottom of the windscreen but the area covered is better. however at low and medium speeds they work good and I like the fact that I won't bother adjusting them

BG182FF
i might invest in some of these if someone can put a fitting guide up :S i have no clue what im doing FAIL!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
guide:
pop up the bonnet
take off the hoses from underneath the washers
push them up by hand or something else if strength is required
pop the new ones in from the top of the bonnet
re-connect hoses
done

BG182FF
wow sounds easy enough, will give it a go when i get some ordered. how do they sit in place tightly? and how to disconnect the hose? thank you

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
they have some sort of a pin holding them in, when pushing from underneath they pop up. to disconnect the hose simply pull downwards; turning it slightly while pulling down may help
the new ones also have a rubber seal that sits between them and the bonnet ;)

clio 172, 2002
sometimes washer jet hoses are a pain to get off,if the hose is stuck WARM the hose where it attaches to the jet (hot air gun or a lighter) and it should easily pull off, dont go mad with the heat though for obvious reasons

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Well picked 2 of these up today, look's smart on the bonnet and the spray coverage is great ! Cost about £8 total from the dealer and literally take's 5 min's to fit. Hose off, push old through, put new in, hose on. No adjustment needed (although I would be unsure how to adjust these)

Great spot !