ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting bucket seats...,

BG182 + M3
I'm still yet to find a car but my buying spree continues! I picked up a set of Bimarco buckets with low mount subframes but they didn't come with any bolts to fix them to the car though.

What else exactly would be needed to fit them as I would like to have everything ready so I can fit them as soon as I get a car!

Many thanks

Clio 172 Merc ML55
How are you mounting the seats to the subframes? Fixes side mounts or using adjustable runners? I've got an old thread saved that detailed what was needed, I'll see if I can find it again

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Ahh right I see

When I fitted my seat (only the one :wink: as otherwise the mrs will want to come in the car too) I used the following

4 M8 x 40mm cap headed bolts (12.9 tensile with allen key head)

4 M8 washers

8 M8 penny/repair washers

I also bought nyloc nuts but used the original Renault nuts too then wound the nyloc nut on afterwards

The above is per seat so will obviously need doubling up if you're fitting 2. I put one of each washer on top of the subframe and also used a penny/repair washer underneath too, I do like a spot of overkill when it comes to seats/harnesses to be honest

I can mock one up in the morning if you like as I have a spare subframe, just so you can see what I've done

BG182 + M3
That's great thanks a lot for that! :)

If you wouldn't mind that would great as I too like to go overkill on anything safety related.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Here you go, one of each size washer on top of subframe and then one large under bodywork before nuts go on
20160120_161940.jpg

20160120_162053.jpg

Apologies for the darkness of the photos, light was fading fast