ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Components

RB 182
Bit of a noob question but still not sure after searching so just double checking. If I want to fit some comps can I just connect them to the speaker wire in the doors? Or do I need to disconnect the tweeters first? And if I do how do you disconnect them? I'm just sticking my tweeters on the doorcards as I don't fancy taking the dash out

Listerine & Poledo
if you get the Pioneer or Hertz components with the in-line filters, you can use all the existing wiring as it stands.

You dont always have to take the dash off to get to the tweeters either, just use a lot of swearing and they can come out. The benefit being that you retain an OEM look, and stick-on tweeters look chav

A.N. Other
There was no way the tweeters would've unclipped on mine without being able to yank them out when the dash was off - they were on too tightly.

RB 182
Already got some SPL Dynamics from my Saxo, not really bothered about having them on the wing mirror covers as they were there in my Saxo and looked alright. Can they just be connected to the speaker wire in the door? Or do I need to do something with the OEM tweeters?

Listerine & Poledo
If they have a crossover, then you'll need to wire that in.

The easiest was would be to wire the X-over from the door-speaker wire, then wire the two speakers from there. Not entirely convinced it'll work properly though.

In summary: Dunno