ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting front ARB bushes inner and outer???

Audi A4
Hi Guys!

Right, while replacing my sump I decided I will actually fit my ARB (Power flex) bushes as they've been sitting around for ages!

Got the old ones off, fitted the new ones... BUT... OMG doing the "strap" back up is an almighty pain the the ****!!!!

Any tricks or tips would be wonderful! :S

Did'nt someone mention this a few months back, if you buy longer set screw bolts you can compress them easier than the OE itmes, I think 40mm or 50mm long I'm not sure.

Regards Russ..............

Audi A4
Sorted it... didn't help it was pissing down!

Basically took the outer bushing bolts off again. then put a set of mole grips on the inner bushing Strap/clamp, gave it a monster squeeze, got the bolt in the hole just enough, then tightened the bolt which pulled the bolt through enough to get the nut on the back... then do outers once the inners are done, stick the bolt through using grips again to clamp the straps/clamp down, but just get the nut on enough so it wont damage the thread or fall off. Then do the other side, as if one is tightened fully you'll struggle getting the other one.

Learnt a few of things today:
1) Wait for the rain to stop as rain water that runs down your engine then drips in your face stings your eyes
2) Cable ties are amazing!
3) Never give up!
4) An unsilenced Decat actually sounds quieter then a silenced one (Less Boomy)
5) Mike "Budgie" is a Clio Wiz... PM him if you want/need anything done to your Clio/Car, he fitted my new sump and helped with the decat... LEGEND!!

Pretty sure "Dubdub" wants me to do his next weekend... Hmmm.... Wish me luck!