ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Ktr induction kit to ph1 172!!!

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Has anyone got a guide they have made or can give me any advice on how to fit. As the instructions that came with it are for ph2.
On ph1 the breather hose is actually part of the inlet pipe. Will I have to cut this off to attach to new inlet pipe.
Need help. Want to get this on ASAP please :D

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I fitted it to my ph1, it's easy, the breather pipe just connects to the new ktec silicone pipe. No cutting required

Ph1 172 (titanium)
My breather pipe doesn't detach from the standard inlet pipe. So I would guessing I would have to cut it

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
It will pull off unless you don't have the standard Renault ribbed elbow.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Manned up. It's off. All fitted. The box is a fucker to get out. Old air feeds didn't want to come out so cut off low down. But looks neat. Going out for a drive in a bit. I have got a before vid so will get an after one at some point and post it up

you'll love it.. i hated my cup and wanted rid till Dan fitted it 1day when i was over and said go for a drive... needless to say i came back smiling like a cheshire cat but that was also partly to the new front shocks lol

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Just gt to the missus. Wow it makes some noise. Not like any other ik I've ever heard. Very distinctive noise. I tried to get a vid but its not too clear. I will try again.
Sounds normal when going easy. Soon as your foot is down a little bit the noise just drowns you.

Cheers dan. Need to book in with you before Xmas. Preferably 18th or so. Will ring you tomorow

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Vaccs I could take you for a spin sometime. When I'm on the way to the missus or something. As she's only a minute up the road from you.

05 Clio 182 FF Blue
sounds like a plan. ive pm'ed my number so if youre in the hood again, giv me a shout. i really want 1 of these induction kits to replace my stainless cone filter that just sucks in hot air. i know this as it is very noticable when it gets warmer, especially in the summer months.

i wonder if KTR would be nice enough to give discounted goods with a multi-buy?

scotty did you look into this before buying yours?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
the cold air feeds are held on by one bolt but its a pain to access, i somehow managed to get my arm down far enough with a socket to remove them without cutting them but i think it easier to remove the front passenger wheel and remove the arch liner to access it. still youve done it now lol.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Yea I just cut them off low down. Out of sight and saved the skin on my hands. Win win. I was chuffed with how it went in the end.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
sounds like a plan. ive pm'ed my number so if youre in the hood again, giv me a shout. i really want 1 of these induction kits to replace my stainless cone filter that just sucks in hot air. i know this as it is very noticable when it gets warmer, especially in the summer months.

i wonder if KTR would be nice enough to give discounted goods with a multi-buy?

scotty did you look into this before buying yours?

I keep them on the shelf. He bought from me