ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting new gear knob/leaver, whole thing.

ph 2, 172.
recently bought a new gear knob and its the whole thing, i was just wondering do you have to drop the gearbox and have the car on ramps or is there another way round it?

heres the pics of gearknob/leaver.

IMG00149-20100226-1534.jpg

IMG00150-20100226-1535.jpg

Williams 2 & 200
If its anything like my 106 you just need to remove the old one from the inside and you should see a hole where the stick attaches to the linkage. Then you might have to jack the car up to attach the linkage to the new stick and then just tighten the 4 bolts inside the car.

Storm Grey 200
If its anything like my 106 you just need to remove the old one from the inside and you should see a hole where the stick attaches to the linkage. Then you might have to jack the car up to attach the linkage to the new stick and then just tighten the 4 bolts inside the car.

This is correct.

ph 2, 172.
the bolts are actually underneath the chassis, there metals actually moulded/curved round them inside of the car, ill get a picture.