ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting powerflex inner ARB bushes...

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
Is a bugger! Took me about 3 hours in total just to get the clamps round and bolted up! Ignorance is bliss on those buggers!!

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
If you slot the holes slightly on the brackets its a piece of piss!

ITB'd 172 POPTART
i just this moment accomplished this feat. I used mole grips and patience. it took 20mins ish. Longer screw just so i can catch the other end with a nut

i just this moment accomplished this feat. I used mole grips and patience. it took 20mins ish. Longer screw just so i can catch the other end with a nut

What size and thread pattern screw/bolt did you use so i can get some before i give it a blast

Screw slotting the holes - bodge

As I've said quite a few times get a bolt about 20-30mm long, put that through and use it to pull the bracket up, then put a g-clamp on it, take the long bolt out and put the short one in. Took me about 20mins ;)

(You could just leave the long bolts in if you don't mind it being like that lol

ITB'd 172 POPTART
What size and thread pattern screw/bolt did you use so i can get some before i give it a blast
I used a BZP M6 machine screw with a penny washer 50mm then once tightened i hacksawed of the remainder to about 30mm length.

I came in from the steering rack side towards the arb. Using the mole grips made it easy and then if it did get stuck i tapped it with a hammer on back of the bolt