ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Trackrod Ends

Hi,

I've done a search but couldn't find one. Are there any guides for changing the track rod ends on the 182? Ordered 2 from Eurocarparts.

Cheers,

Matt.

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
First step:
DON'T go to euro car parts!!

Undo the ball joint, pop it but leave the nut on the end so the arm isn't hanging around.
Undo the TRE, taking note of how far up it was turned on, then wind the new one back on.

Remember to get the tracking done after!!

cheers mate. Bought the Lemforder ones. going to do both sides whilst I'm at it. Getting 4 new tyres soon so will get tracking done then.

I take it I will need to heat the end up to unscrew it.

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Not normally in my experience, just crack the nut off before releasing the ball joint.

Doesn't matter what ones you get from ecp, don't expect them to last, and make sure they're the right ones before you start lol

If you're not getting the tracking done straight away and you're doing both sides I'd expect the front to handle very poorly till tracking is done

Bug

Megane rs250
Took me 4 attempts to get the right tre, seems like they sell them alsorts of lengths

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
are you talking about inner tie rods or the ends?
I brought the ends (lemforder ones) and they were fine just brought genuine inner tie rods as that is where all the parts suppliers screw up.

Just the ends as I had slight play in steering on one side.

Ordered these ones??

1 x 606745275 @ 14.10 GBP
Lemforder Track Rod End
for: Renault Clio 2.0 2005
----
1 x 606745285 @ 14.10 GBP
Lemforder Track Rod End
for: Renault Clio 2.0 2005

Do I need the inner tie ones too??
----

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
sorry that was aimed at GCC and bug

I think they were the ones I ordered and was fine, as for the inners dealer is best but you can get some others firstline is one make just be aware that changing is not the easiest unless you have the correct tool.
I made a tool and it was really easy but if you are just using a spanner or mole grips it will be a pain.
I only changed mine as I had everything apart, they were on 40k and were floppy but the new ones were very stiff (sounds good don't it lol)

dan's cast offs.
as a guide when you've split the end push the whole arm up, if it 'drops' then you might as well swap it while you're at it. they are just a ball joint so should have a fair bit of resistance to them when you move them.

most of the time when i change a tre i change the arm as well, either due to it being floppy or rusted to death so done to save time.