ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flamer hack

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well after all the uncertainly over the past few months we have decided to let the Mercedes go that the better half uses.

Like me she’s has nostalgia with the red 172s so she really wanted to have this as her daily. As it’s a rust free example I was to put the time into it.

So set upon working on it to get it ready for daily use. Commute is only 16 miles a day so nothing hard.

Work done so far.

Fitted original rear lights
Fitted rear wiper motor
Fitted better front seats
Wired all airbags in correctly
Fitted nice steering wheel and airbag
New cup shocks with eibach springs, top mounts etc
Used set of F1s
New PS3s all round
Fitted origInal airbox and air feed
New rack ends
Dents removed

It’s booked in at the end of the month for the following

Full cambelt service including dephaser
All fluids
Plugs, leads, coil pack
All engine mounts

Should be good fun hopefully.

Lots of scratches around the car but that’s ok, it’s. It going to be a minter. The interior is up there with best for the age and that’s what you see behind the wheel.

Already has a k-Tec exhaust fitted so will update with a rs tuner map.

s**t pics for now

EF695F4D-E004-4C4E-8CDC-C3807CB28D60.jpeg

ACE50779-F25A-4CF1-A656-6C54E01B782E.jpeg

1CD6B692-4A41-4524-AD81-51A231AF8383.jpeg

B49B1DA3-4107-488A-846A-0B2BB3F9107B.jpeg
878F65D0-13CC-4C9F-810A-27390A38002D.jpeg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Nah I like the dash!

I worked it out as £2800 including buying the car. Miles cheaper then the other two but expensive vs the condition of the exterior. Not overly bothered as it’s sound where it counts.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Having a minter is no fun anyway. You don't want bad paintwork, but similarly not having to worry too much about every little mark you acquire is nice.

Exactly, it’s usable and from a distance looks great.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got a flamer then. Never give up on your dreams kids!
Can you do a run through of all the cars you've had this year, just for s***s n giggles please?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Finally got a flamer then. Never give up on your dreams kids!
Can you do a run through of all the cars you've had this year, just for s***s n giggles please?

Not had many:-

Clio 172 iceburg
Clio 172 flamer *
Clio 172 exclusive *
Clio 172 sun flower *
Megane R26 liquid
Renault 5 GT Turbo phase 1
M5 touring *
W212 E220 cdi sport touring *

* currently own

What happened to that super rare / expensive Mitsi Evo you wanted ? Did he sell it to someone else, or is it still being restored ?

Those mats DO look great for the money, but I found when I bought a new set, the drivers one kept moving forward and getting stuck between my foot and the accelerator pedal due to the grip on the back being so crap, so just be watchful of that - good quality otherwise. But I sold them for the Renault Sport set eventually!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Those mats DO look great for the money, but I found when I bought a new set, the drivers one kept moving forward and getting stuck between my foot and the accelerator pedal due to the grip on the back being so crap, so just be watchful of that - good quality otherwise. But I sold them for the Renault Sport set eventually!

Interesting that, these have Velcro on the back which I haven’t seen before.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I have the same mats and the drivers one does slide forward. The Velcro is only attached on the edge of the mat which I assume is why it moves.

Nice flamer btw.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I have the same mats and the drivers one does slide forward. The Velcro is only attached on the edge of the mat which I assume is why it moves.

Nice flamer btw.

I got fasteners if needed.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah just use those to make them extra secure - I too thought the Velcro was good when I bought them but its very poor! The Renault Sport ones have zero velvro, yet they have never moved once, weird, not sure if it's because they fit so snug?

I will compare them both later, maybe the underside of the sport ones are made of different material.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Couple of shots after a quick clean. Busy day tomorrow, door dent removal and new PS3s all round being fitted.

Alignment Saturday after I fit camber bolts followed by aircon re-gas, and finally fit the parrot Bluetooth handsfree kit.

58A963E6-2A9D-45AC-821C-9216A2CA9E2C.jpeg
F23985F2-0B92-4E56-877C-FD3BF44B0A2F.jpeg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah cheers. Is that a back seat removal job?

No you can’t remove the back seat bases and pull the top parts forward so you can pull the back of the door card. Remember you need to remove the front seat belt anchor at the bottom and also the seat belt anchor for the rears that go through the door card, once you have pulled door card off, unplug speaker wire.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Busy couple of days. Alignment be done and feels great, new PS3s fitted, aircon gassed, lamda replaced (precaution), and parrot hands free fitted. Also fitted new brake line holders that bolt onto the strut.

Touched in scratches, not perfect but certainly presentable.

Only got one photo.

E62CF3FB-3345-4DD2-9DEB-46622310A606.jpeg

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Busy couple of days. Alignment be done and feels great, new PS3s fitted, aircon gassed, lamda replaced (precaution), and parrot hands free fitted. Also fitted new brake line holders that bolt onto the strut.

Touched in scratches, not perfect but certainly presentable.

Only got one photo.

View attachment 1382893
Looks good perfect daily now, quick question, does the dash top with the clock in just pop off the dash or is it plastic welded on, I am guessing you had to take it off to run the cable underneath for the Parrot