ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flamer hack

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Looks good perfect daily now, quick question, does the dash top with the clock in just pop off the dash or is it plastic welded on, I am guessing you had to take it off to run the cable underneath for the Parrot

Yes you have to pull it up and forward hard, it doesn’t feel natural but it then pops off

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Yes you have to pull it up and forward hard, it doesn’t feel natural but it then pops off
Great, need to have a look at mine as it doesn't sit straight, will give it a go, it has obviously been off at some point mine ?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Ok cambelt booked in next week along with dephaser. tempted to get them to change lower arms and arb bushes as I really can’t be arsed to do it myself. Will also have new plugs and leads along with oil and filter done at the same time.

Today’s small job is to fit new speedo sensor.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Had door dent man here for
2hrs today, 20 dents removed later she is Looking 1000 times better. Can do anything with on dent my petrol cap but I can handle that. £100 all in.

Now dropped off for aircon recharge..... hope it still seals.

1930D193-9122-485B-AF9D-DD81754687C4.jpeg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Be intrigued to hear how long it lasts ice cold as mine was perfect when bought the car and gave up after six months or so, so kinda reluctant to just gas it again

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Be intrigued to hear how long it lasts ice cold as mine was perfect when bought the car and gave up after six months or so, so kinda reluctant to just gas it again

You reckon it's got a leak?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Shot after I got back.

Nothing to get excited about but it looks OK.

703752DB-5E65-4C2A-8731-FE63F8ABB2E8.jpeg
C2CCB3DF-3D3A-4005-A6B4-32A46E08B834.jpeg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
It's a total lottery too, 182 had it 6 years and climate always worked perfectly, even had engine out do belts and @MicKPM just kept the gas and popped it back in. No seals renewed, nothing and still perfect...... Phase 1 died after naff all time as discussed

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Few more bits done today. Fitted Clio badge, fitted new Speedo sensor, fitted replacement horns, fitted missing centre cap in one wheel, fitted rear arch liners (although f*****s rub on near side) and fitted but and washer to rear wiper mechanism so it can be used.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Hello...It was regassed by myself but it was back in 2016 when me and the mrs went to france,it held the cold air for quite sometime after that,but you are probably right..needs redoing.:)

Reckon it's probably got a leak then as bought car from you in April last year I think so lasted about 14 months after you gassed it, I'll get it leak checked first I reckon and replace some seals etc

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Flamer is in for its belts today, very large service at a very large expense. Hopefully wife will be driving home shortly.

Interesting the belt looked in great nick and was timed correctly. Probably didn’t need doing but there is no history of belts and the car has been off the road since 2012.

Also fitting new lower arms and inner/outer arb bushes.

Large expense but worth every penny in my humble opinion, it's just not worth the risk is it

How are you finding the Parrot kit now it's been in a while? Easy to use?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Large expense but worth every penny in my humble opinion, it's just not worth the risk is it

How are you finding the Parrot kit now it's been in a while? Easy to use?

Indeed.

Yes it’s actually very good, easy to plug in and simple enough to use.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Got the car back after having the lower arms and arb bushes changed.

Fitted standard exhaust this morning which is much better on the family’s ears!

That’s prettt much it for the flamer now as it’s in daily use. Feels great though.

Spent the day on road in the flamer picking up this £500 shed....

D2BBC476-DA77-4C69-9D29-DDBDF978ADAF.jpeg
01E13E28-5E7A-426D-9CE5-D35FA95EC6AA.jpeg
8A195692-32B0-46F0-98AE-3FF434DB11F0.jpeg
34AE07D6-C3DB-4649-BAEF-7C39311241F5.jpeg
B7BA6C2B-E916-4ACA-A25C-D7263E64AEE2.jpeg
3808410B-566B-452A-9757-C014CCE59D5B.png

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Crazy stuff, your drives becoming a retirement home for old Clios!

That new 500 quider looks rough but for that money, certainly can't complain as that's proper cheap. The well painted fuel rail guard is a highlight isn't it!

What's the plan? Make it mint or use for parts etc?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
That new 500 quider looks rough but for that money, certainly can't complain as that's proper cheap. The well painted fuel rail guard is a highlight isn't it!

What's the plan? Make it mint or use for parts etc?

Parts car literally. Won’t be doing anything else with it.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Done 1000 miles in this now since the last update. Had tracking done again as removal or arms knocked it out of joint. I know it’s a old car but it drives like new!

Think that it’s it for now. New year i will get alloys refurbed and maybe front end painting.

It will never be a minter as it’s used daily but where it counts it’s bang on.

DBEF0964-EF29-4296-94E7-6F58A823580D.jpeg
2F456867-52A9-4FE0-B16A-C18C9D2FD2E8.jpeg
7A31BC62-C3C6-409D-B041-CE1CC4E3597E.jpeg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Car is running extremely well and continuously puts a smile on our face.

Being used daily so covered 4k trouble free miles since all the suspension and service work was completed.

Today is a first for me so wanted to start using the DA.

I have a mixture of pads/sizes and compound to experiment with.

So just for today (sun gun not arrived yet) I practiced on the bonnet. This car is the test bed as it needs a full respray so if I f**k up doesn’t matter. I know pictures aren’t the best, by the time I get to the last car I will sort it......

So before

B26D67BE-BFCF-4103-8789-4C7C2541B179.jpeg

729AF035-F2A8-486D-93E8-BF1F433D16C7.jpeg

During

6F3974B3-975D-495B-8424-2529E92DE6CF.jpeg

DE82C1FD-CFD0-401A-965A-0F5458B260E7.jpeg

After

B5802BC1-5B3D-45D1-846E-BB2110CB607F.jpeg

1A0AFED5-C80F-4C4D-B518-69DCD4AE03D2.jpeg

Happy with the result.

In the end due to severity I went with a green Orange County pad plus S3 gold compound. Topped off with a black pad and meguiars gold wax paste.

Once the sun gun arrives I will crack on with the rest.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Really nice this, one thing, run the parrot cable through the vent surely??? Or is the plug too big? It’s a bit unsightly as is!

It’s not ideal but I would have to drill through the pipework somwhere and that’s something I wanted to avoid.