ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flooded Car

Cup Packed 182 FF
Hopefully this might not happen, but it's looking more and more likely it will. I had to abandon my car in Tewkesbury on friday night so I could get home, and the place where it's parked is now very close to the water. If it gets much worse I will end up with a car full of water.

Does anybody know how bad this actually is and how i'd get on with the insurance company? To make matters worse i've only had the car two weeks. At least it's not my house like loads of really unfortunate people around there.

clio...
Insurance should be ok, might have abit huff and puff... I think a car is a write off once its been in 1 foot of water?

Someone will be able to tell you more.

visualize whirled pe
Hope your car will be OK!!

Many years ago I worked at a bodyshop and we use to get flooded cars that had been parked in the local car parks. Not sure on the finer details but some were written off if they had been sitting for a number of days as the water was considered to be toxic (from overflowed drains etc) but it was mostly river / rain water. I suppose the value of the car and the cost of the repair is taken into account more than the fact that it's flooded.

Clio 16V mk1 ph2
yeah it's all on the cost of what it would be to repair. Usually if a car's engine is submerged in water, it won't run. Hope your's is okay mate!

Doens't take much to write cars off with water damage if it gets near the passenger footwell you can be reasonably assured its written off.

clio 172 cup
next doors got written off without anyone even checking it! im just happy my dad built the drive where he did clever clever man

106 GTi
Where in the town is the car parked (I live in Tewkesbury too) There are places you can park in town where it should be safe.

Cup Packed 182 FF
The car is now parked on the Abbey Hotel car park, right at the top. It might still be ok to be honest but i've got no way of checking or moving it as I live in Worcester. I had to get a lift off a tractor on saturday eveing to move it as high as I could find. Didn't think the floods would be so bad.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
get a mate with a 4x4, disconnect the air inlet and cover it, put clothes round the bottom of the doors and climb out the boot, then use a solid bar to toe the fecker to saftey

PH2 172
we drove into a small lake in our old jeep, it was there for 2 days and then we towed it out and drove it home:d

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
DSCF1878.JPG

DSCF1884.JPG

god i want another offroader

Cup Packed 182 FF
I'd need a helicopter to even get to it now! Just have to wait and see unfortunately. Could be worse though, it could be my house and not just my car.

1.8 8v RSi
i thought insurance companys didn't pay out for this sort of thing as it's classed as an "act of god"