ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus ST225 help

F82 M4
Hey folks,

Anybody on here a Fordy? Need some urgent help with my Focus if possible. I don't like the Ford forums they're full of neanderthals!

Cliosport is the superior one

F82 M4
Basically my oil temp gauge is reading zero and therefore the oil pressure gauge is always reading at max. Also the front radiator fan is constantly on always which I assume is due to this as well. I'm guessing it's a sensor, but which one? I've searched quite a bit online and can't find anything concrete. When I find something promising it always turns out to be for the ST170 :)

Get yourself a F-super diagnostic tool from ebay, paid around £12 for mine and its brilliant. They're the same as what Ford use to run diagnostics but rip off versions and a quarter of the price of a single session from Ford.

Attachments

• 1502645896316-1372274719.jpg
    1502645896316-1372274719.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 80

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Worth plugging in for that one. I don't have those gauges and I can't remember whether they actually use a sensor or whether they're simulated from coolant temp etc (I seem to remember something along those lines).

Coolant temp sensor would cause the radiator fan to kick in, so I reckon it might be that, but without actually checking the data I can't say for sure.

I'll have to plug mine in to check if there's an oil temp/pressure reading on OBD but I don't remember seeing one.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
From what I can remember from my mp260. The gauges work as what mcgerkhin said. I used to pull one of the fuses and replace after a few seconds then it worked fine!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

focus st3
The pod gauges do weird things,mine goes off every now and then and comes back on.They are simulated so i wouldn't be too worried.