ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fog lights help

I have been on a successful trip to upullit and have salvaged a ph3 front bumper which has fog lights, my standard front bumper is the ph2 with no fogs and a cover over the hole. How easy is it to make these front fogs work and what do I need to do?

Thank you :smile:

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
I suspect you will need a stalk with the fog light switch and have a look if there is wiring loom for them behind the bumper, most cars have the loom not sure of non sport clios have it.

I suspect you will need a stalk with the fog light switch and have a look if there is wiring loom for them behind the bumper, most cars have the loom not sure of non sport clios have it.
Thanks when i get chance i will have a look, b*****d about the stalk though, was at a breakers yard today could've easily got one...

renault clio 1.4 16v
You're not wrong there lad. How hard is it and would someone with an iq of 5 be capable of doing it

well the wiring up is simple, there are lots of easy to follow wiring diagrams on the net but basically a relay is just a simple switch, be it one you can control from a external trigger... ie. a on off switch in the cab or from the stalk if you are going to get one with that switch. so you would wire in a live feed to the fogs with a inline fuse, then run the negative feed through a relay and back to the lights, then run a trigger line to the relay from a switch where ever you want it... the more pain in the ass process is wiring in the actual loom, not much space in the engine bay and digging around under the dash can be fun to lay new wires... however if the loom for the fogs is already in place I suggest you make use of it, sometimes the loom isnt finished and needs a fuse or a relay put in, sometimes everything is already there... you will need to see what is there...

put a few beers on the line and someone will be around to help if you need it :cool:

well the wiring up is simple, there are lots of easy to follow wiring diagrams on the net but basically a relay is just a simple switch, be it one you can control from a external trigger... ie. a on off switch in the cab or from the stalk if you are going to get one with that switch. so you would wire in a live feed to the fogs with a inline fuse, then run the negative feed through a relay and back to the lights, then run a trigger line to the relay from a switch where ever you want it... the more pain in the ass process is wiring in the actual loom, not much space in the engine bay and digging around under the dash can be fun to lay new wires... however if the loom for the fogs is already in place I suggest you make use of it, sometimes the loom isnt finished and needs a fuse or a relay put in, sometimes everything is already there... you will need to see what is there...

put a few beers on the line and someone will be around to help if you need it :cool:
Thanks lad, I'll have a gander on my next day off