ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ford Racing Puma

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh... Oh.... deary f**king Christ!

Almost like the one I designed in my head for a lottery win (I want 3 of them fwiw) it's exactly what the engine should be, even without the extras. That or even the 2.0 ST Fiesta engine fettled would be perfect.

Thanks for the link @TomSx

I can only imagine how it is on track, not a sticker man myself as I think it's one of the best looking cars ever (when lower).

Can anyone find another one for sale? Apart from the 12k one?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like that he's kept the heart of it because that's a lot of money to spend on the standard engine when a 2.0 will go in with little hassle. Interesting car.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Several
That's a pretty cool little thing, bet it's a lot of fun.

Saying that, I don't think I would do it to a genuine FRP. If I was building a lairy one, I would start with a cooking shell and fit the S1600 panels instead, as they're even madder.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh... Oh.... deary f**king Christ!

Almost like the one I designed in my head for a lottery win (I want 3 of them fwiw) it's exactly what the engine should be, even without the extras. That or even the 2.0 ST Fiesta engine fettled would be perfect.

Thanks for the link @TomSx

I can only imagine how it is on track, not a sticker man myself as I think it's one of the best looking cars ever (when lower).

Can anyone find another one for sale? Apart from the 12k one?
Buy another one & stop being a Jessie.
x

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Several
No. The GP might be a good car, but it's not exactly a looker. Though it will probably be worth more in the future as this has been modified so much.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Clio 220 Trophy
Keeping the GP would probably make more financial sense....but....the puma is just that bit cooler?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Well the GP is for sale regardless. I could break the Puma for more than the GP is worth, I think.

Although I've got the feeling it needs a re shell.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The puma? It doesn't need a resell. It's need 5 minutes work and it's a track car!

When he says it needs the quarters doing he doesn't mean new ones, more if you want it perfect!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BG182 + M3
Wow I cannot believe the price of these things now!!

I bought at the time low mileage #292 back in 2010 for £3750 :cry:

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Several
Yeah it is mad really.

My friend just bought a cooking '99 1.7 in black for a track car. It's done 50k, has full service history, the guy had owned it for 15 years....£300 lol. If I was building a track Puma, I would definitely not start with a Racing.