ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Motorsport 8

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Anyones quick resume not working and it either throwing you back to the Start Screen or in some instances going back to the main Home Screen?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Anyones quick resume not working and it either throwing you back to the Start Screen or in some instances going back to the main Home Screen?
Not had that.

On my XSX it will crash when upgrading the tyres (might not just be tyres but it seems to be for me) in the performance section between races though. Quite frustrating, just goes back to the home screen but the thing that takes the piss the most is the mandatory un-skippable Turn 10/Xbox Studios animation I then am forced to watch while restarting it.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Come on Turn 10….. FFS.

Got spacers yo?
IMG_1767.jpeg
IMG_1766.jpeg

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Been doing the credit glitch which was also in Forza 7.

IMG_1779.jpeg
IMG_1781.jpeg

Built from the ground up my arse.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ive found myself having more than enough already. Money seems almost pointless in this game because the grind is for car levels. I've been doing it to level up cars so I can build and tune them without driving them stock for 2 hours.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Getting fed up with the constant freezing/crashing and having to repeat races over and over now. I’m in the middle of the German saloon series having just completed maple valley and now it’s stuck trying to apply an upgrade for the next race at spa….

200.gif

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I had a quick blast of MP the other day, Civic race cars around Laguna Seca.

Driving standard/racing etiquette was brilliant. Not played any online game in years!

Yeah I've have a few games to get through those first Civic races. Certainly an improvement on previous MP experience. I like the new format although I do miss just jumping in and getting straight to racing a bit.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Another update is out according to social media, but nothing showing on my Xbox yet.

Just bug fixes, nothing exciting.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Another update is out according to social media, but nothing showing on my Xbox yet.

Just bug fixes, nothing exciting.

Didn’t even fix the progressing save issue and the constant game crashes. Sick of having to do the same race over and over and it not saving if I even consider either upgrading the car or switching the console off. f**king joke of a game.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Finally made it home and fired the Xbox up expecting to get a go in this.

Nah, 132gb update apparently

Doesn't sound like I'm missing much though

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
What a let down of a game

Feels half finished, missing a load of circuits and what the f**k is the upgrade system all about, seems rediculous way of doing it.

Proper disappointed with it, waited all these years for it to arrive and it's a half arsed attempt

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
What a let down of a game

Feels half finished, missing a load of circuits and what the f**k is the upgrade system all about, seems rediculous way of doing it.

Proper disappointed with it, waited all these years for it to arrive and it's a half arsed attempt
The upgrade system is lame, no way I want to grind every car to unlock mods and get points to add those mods. (n)

More circuits on the way apparently, like the Nordschleife, but not until spring, WTF?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I hope they revamp it and bin it off, don't see me playing it much otherwise. The whole enjoyment I had from previous games was being able to just jump in and build something and go smash a bunch of laps round the Ring or something eith mates online.

The track thing is bizarre, hugely disappointed that none of thr older circuits made it in as well. We are all crying out for Fujimi Kaido to get brought back

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Definitely needs changing, or people will lose interest really quickly, I must admit I've gone back to Starfield this past few days.

Would love Fujimi Kaido, but there are loads of other real world circuits missing as well, Road Atlanta, Brands Hatch, Bathurst, etc, so I hope these get added at later dates, just feels lacking at the moment.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the grind is a pain in the ass I just want to throw a build together and know if it's good straight away. I've got 9 million credits just by grinding cars and upgrading. I still have quite a lot of cars so what's the point in the money if you just use the CP anyway? You earn more leveling a car to 50 than what it did to buy the car in the first place I'm pretty sure.

That said as far as actual gameplay I'm having a blast. Luckily minimal crashes or glitches. My driver level got reset randomly but is now back to where it was. It seems building a car is a bit different in this now whereas FM7 you could build semi grip with solid acceleration and speed and be very competitive with this now you really just want to go full grip near enough. If you're setting rivals you have to make sure you run the race tyres with softs.

Also love to see the a Renault 5 Turbo being somewhat useful in S 😂

Forza_Motorsport_Screenshot_2023.10.19_-_21.22.17.81.png

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
As it stands now, Horizon is a better game and it pains me to say that as FM was always the one I would pick

Like they still haven't even got a decent tyre smoke mechanic now. So glsd it's on game pass, I'd be pissed if I'd paid full price for it

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
The game itself is good a the core, visually stunning and cars drive/handle well, just needs a few tweaks & additions to improve it.

Like you say having millions of credits seems a bit pointless now, I am just focussing on a smaller number of cars than normal to progress them, rather than just buying something, slapping a few mods on and having a blast.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
The most annoying thing about grinding is that if you buy the same car, you need to grind again!

It’s frustrating as they’ve nailed the physics for me on a pad, especially with the deadzones altered

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
The most annoying thing about grinding is that if you buy the same car, you need to grind again!

It’s frustrating as they’ve nailed the physics for me on a pad, especially with the deadzones altered
Really, FFS I'd not got that far yet, I sometimes have multiples of the same car with different setups and/or liveries. 🤦‍♂️

Yeah plays well on a controller.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive been playing quite a bit and won my first spec event after a couple of podiums recently.

My gamertag is Bonxy if anyone wants to rivals.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep

What settings have you altered for a controller setup?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Played some online with my mates last night, everyone moaning about the car levelling system LOL

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I dont mind it, but i dont understand why you can unlock race tyres at level 3 but you cant afford then until about level 12? lol
It just hasn't been implemented very well and could have been done better, but having to grind every single car will get tedious IMO

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
What settings have you altered for a controller setup?

Away from home at the weekend so can’t 100% check mate, but deadzones set about 4-100 for steering and 0-100 for throttle/brakes.

Anyone playing on controller needs to do this.