ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Found Big bolt in right wheel arch

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Hi
Just checked few things and then found big bolt near the right fog light. I compared this one to the square mount bolts but this one is bigger. Still don't know from where it come. Only know that it from the right engine bay side. Checked all bolts that support the engine mount and everything is ok there. So from where could be this one ?
Help...

Clio MkII 172 K reg
sorry but pic will be tonight because of camera.
The bolt is: 5/8 and about 3 cm long.
I'm afraid that he snaped somewhere in timinig area. Did timing+Aux blet+waterpump 2 months ago.

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Yes, I tried it with 5/8 socket and it fitting exactly. So, the garage that changed me timing 2 months ago, didn't screw it right. Nice, tomorrow they going to fix it for free:mad:
here are 2 pic of it:
pic.php
http://www.smebo.co.uk/ims/pic.php?u=80mMlZT&i=3447

pic.php

thank you guys
Lior

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Sorry guys but this bolt isn't a timing cover bolt. This bolt support the arm mount thast come from the alternator+compressor+starter steel stand. It sits just near the knock sensor and a little upper then oil filter.
In garage they apologized for the mistake. Mechanic that did the work of timing, first said that this bolt doesn't have any relation to timing but after he found where it supposed to be he said that may be he forgot to tight it.
So, now the problem in that thread disappeared:dapprove: .

Clio MkII 172 K reg
Me too.:dapprove: After they fixed it even the strange sound that was just disappeared:)