ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Found out what the smoking was..........

Chocolate Orange 172
Not sure if people will remember or had this issue before but a few weeks ago I posted about what happened to me one morning after starting up my 172 smoke started filtering out from the front grille which I found quite alarming. After getting her looked at by the local garage it turns out that one of the camshaft oil seals is leaking quite a bit and dripping oil all down the side of the engine, hense the smoke coming from the grille every time I started her up!
This means, of course, that in order to get to the seal the cambelt must be removed, making a small job 10x longer :dead:. Luckly working for a salvage yard means you pick up a few contacts along the way so getting all the work done, including a cambelt and water pump change, for £150 :D

I brought a genuine set of seals from Renault and managed to get them with discount for £23.04 inc vat, the water pump only set me back £20.54 inc vat and even the cambelt kit was not too bad at £118.18 inc vat. Fingers are now crossed as the work is being done as we speak, hoping there will be no problems so I can have the car back before I leave work as it's my only mode of transport lol.