ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

@ Fred ect, Seized engine at 70 mph, what damage?

Jap Shed
Im considering rebuilding the engine after this happened to my 172, any idea of what parts would be needed so i could see how hard parts are to source?

Many thanks.

Lionel Richie
sounds odd!!! check cambelt first and try rotating by hand, then do the basics, compression test etc etc

rebuilding them is a PITA, generally don't bother, get a second hand engine and wang it in

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
If it's actually locked at that rpm the crank IS dead and at least one rod, maybe a piston and bore too. Or i suppose it could be the thrust washer but doubt that would lock it at 70 as it would have destroyed itself.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
How much for labour to swap engine,and do cambelt and auxillary belt kit, waterpump and clutch while doing??

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Saw the ones you were breaking Budgie,and would have been very interested, but not in a position to get my toy fixed at minute, had to sorn her yesterday..........:dapprove:

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Surely not just he hands Fred?!?

What I was saying is do you have a steady supply of engines you can get your mitts on, or is it when they pop up on here and the bay etc....