ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French sheds.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Garlic-Tech.

4370859209_c36e54d406_b.jpg

4370861227_34c8a4fca7_b.jpg

4370863017_4638827524_b.jpg

4370864585_01215cf58e_b.jpg

4371614798_3ae22c75ce_b.jpg

4370867155_42532da679_b.jpg

4370867681_18080cd08e_b.jpg

The car is Pinky-Bois off here :) (Needs tire shine)

Never above 25mpg
Bless, I got a book about 4 star and the move to unleaded petrol with my Beemer,

Some proper r00dBwoii in the bootlid of that black mk2.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I think its the wheels, you saw how those other wheels made it look a lot better on the German guys GT.

Not a 320d
Yer the 16's are pretty pisch. Im tempted to buy a set of turinis. 205/45 tyres wouldnt be too bad either !!

I hate my clutch still, cant get over how bad it is.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Its got quite a lot on it.

The centre bit on the gear nob fell out tonight too! Oh and the breaks have started doing the high pitch squeeeek. Think they will need new pads sooon :/

Not a 320d
f**king hate mine jase, think ill start saving for a new one. i made a huge mistake buying another reno again. For the 3rd time.

Want to go down the Honda route next.

Mini Cooper S
Its french, it rattles, it squeals. It makes noises because thats the only way it will live happily! So how did you come up with garli-tech?

Not a 320d
Much better.

Is that as low as the coilies go?

At the front no, ive not set them up as i want them yet, waiting for better weather, still no heat in the road so i have to be careful in bends still. I want the front rasing a bit too actually.

The rears will go lower, but ive jacked it up and adjusted the thing that you twist to make it go up and down, both as high and as low as it will go and there doesnt seem to be much difference.

Jase, i wouldnt mind a set of DS2500's but its a case of finding out which brake pads the GT uses. Judging by the appauling brake fade the car has i would be willing to bet theyre standard.

Its a shame you have such a piece of s**t to learn to drive in, the MK2 was a far more fun to drive car than this s**t wagon. Oh and as for the squeaking, its normal for a renault. If your rear wheels fall off, its normal. if your gearbox is s**t slow like mine then its normal

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
So I take it your a big Renault fan!

And I drove a mk2 ph2 before, not for me. The driving position was hilarious especially for a lanky t**t like me. The engine was perky but just not as revvy and fun as the GT IMO.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
So I take it your a big Renault fan!

And I drove a mk2 ph2 before, not for me. The driving position was hilarious especially for a lanky t**t like me. The engine was perky but just not as revvy and fun as the GT IMO.
Which engine did you drive?

Not a 320d
Jase when youve been driving 4 years or more and youve driven a few different cars im sure youll look back and RAGE when you realise how bad this car is. The engine is pointless, i would imagine replacing it with a tree trunk would be more beneficial, and my god how BAD is the clutch and gearbox, notchy, slow, aquard biting point, light and slow clutch. The hatred goes on. I am a very unhappy person when driving the GT. Unfortunately i have to go fill it up AGAIN and then drive it 15 miles to my girlfriends.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Jase when youve been driving 4 years or more and youve driven a few different cars im sure youll look back and RAGE when you realise how bad this car is. The engine is pointless, i would imagine replacing it with a tree trunk would be more beneficial, and my god how BAD is the clutch and gearbox, notchy, slow, aquard biting point, light and slow clutch. The hatred goes on. I am a very unhappy person when driving the GT. Unfortunately i have to go fill it up AGAIN and then drive it 15 miles to my girlfriends.
If its that bad then sell it lol

Imo, Jason could do a lot worse for a first car

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The clutch is easy to balance and it isn't an awkward biting point at all, that's just your driving tbh. I've driven quite a few cars actually, my dads work is based on a large airfield and as a summer job last year I helped out and it often involved driving across it to his warehouse to get stuff in vans, his Alfa 2.4 diesel. I even drove my mums old Audi TT up there too. (but that was more for the experience than doing anything useful) I know this isn't the same as driving them on the road but it gives me a reference point if that makes sense. I've driven a 4wd turbo, a diesel with a shed load of torque, a gutless van, a powerful van etc.

I know its not the best engine in the world, but it never fails to put a smile on my face this car. I keep thinking about changing it for something else but then I get on a lush road and it just has me hooked!

Its not bad to insure, the engine is fun in a VTEC rev it way, the compromise between comfort and handling is great, the interior has amazing seats. So comfortable, they hug you in, the first thing people say when they sit in the front is "wow, did you put these seats in? they are lush!" etc.

And as jenic said, its not exactly s**t for a first car. I love it, as do most people tbh. May not blow the world away with its power but it does what it does well. Its a little warm hatch.