ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

From k&n to standard airbox

Beetle
Finally after a year of the k&n i've opted for a standard airbox. Swapped with NaplesValver off the valver forums.
Before
DSCF1672.jpg

Half bolted on
DSCF1673.jpg

On
DSCF1676.jpg

DSCF1675.jpg

DSCF1677.jpg

Off out to see how different it sounds now, will report back later :)

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
love youre engine bay scott! want to swap for a enery 1.4? lol... a dirty one

LY 200
I was always thinking of doing that but in all honesty id rather the sound the aftermarket gives.

Beetle
Hmm no ta matey:rasp:

I've had a year of the sound, still love how it roars but want to see how it goes over summer with this on :)

Beetle
:D
Less sound but a noticeable difference on how responsive it is, has a bit more pull around 2k now whereas with the k&n it seamt all noise and no go until you hit nearer 4k, i'd recommend doing it if anybody is thinking of it. Probably miss the roar but i prefer how it drives now, i'm sure a bit of is is psychological but it's still an improvement:cool:

A vid on the way.

1996 Valver
Looks good mate...........I did the same on my Valver, so much better.
What filter did you use? ITG standard???
Oh and did you connect the short air feed?

Beetle
Yep connected the original air feed up, it's just a standard filter at the mo, i plan to get an itg though when i'v a few pennies spare :)

1996 Valver
Cool, mine is standard at the mo, want the ITG (you got any links of where to get one?)
I dont have the link pipes as they wernt sent to me when I got the airbox seccond hand, think Renault sell them for £10 or so, will get one ordered.

Beetle
I think i'll be ordering mine from BRUN (member on here and williamsclio) He's supplied quite a few people with them, around £30 iirc

6/468 17poo
i went through this on my 1.4, found the relocation induction kit sounded good nice roar but rinsed the petrol like a mofo so put the standard one back with an itg, much better, plus summer and induction kits are cr@p arent they?

Ryan

Looking for a ph-quick...
Good lad Scott!!
I have noticed the difrence got an ITG filter too. If u want a bit more of a roar unplug the pipe from the bottom of the airbox and leave the cold air feed pointing at it.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!

DC2 Black Type Rx
I joined the club at the weekend, took the K&N off and replaced it with my original airbox and ITG panel filter. The car is more responsive now for sure! :)

Beetle
Yup it should be, my k&n might have been better if i had a decent cold air feed to it but it still needed a heat shield making for it imo

Last edited: