ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front door speakers

campus sport
I have a clio mk2 phase1, and want to upgrade my speakers in the front doors not sure what i should be looking for? and would i be able to install the speakers my self?

Thanks.

2002 172
buy components and amp them, just use a good headunit as the source, not for the sound. trust me a well set up system will sounds the dogs b****cks...covered in chocolate ;)

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'll second that ^

Have you upgraded your HU already Arron?

Welcome to Cliosport too :)

campus sport
well i have about £1500 to spend on car dont want to go ott with them just so they dont distort when the volume is at 18 wen it goes to 40. and not sure what you mean by ICE lol.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Components in the front
A bit of sound deadening in the doors

Build on it from there, you probably dont want to spend all your budget on the inside

campus sport
lol what size do you think i should be looking for to go in my side doors? and i do like my drum & bass :) . any recomendations for speakers and amp?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Next point of call for the sounds would be a 4channel amp and small sub - this means you can run the sub give the components some more power.

Pretty-much falls into place from there :)

Standard size speakers in yours are 13cm/5.25"

Pioneer, Alpine or Rainbow do very good speakers at affordable prices

campus sport
o yea i dont have speakers in the back so would this affect wat amp i get (2 channel amp or 4 channel amp)?

campus sport
ok cheers m8 uve been a big help. o yea 1 last question would i be able to install all this my self? and should i get a sub with built in amp?

campus sport
hi people i as u know i am upgrading my front door speakers, would i need certian ones to fit the connection that is already in place from the previous speakers?

"Navy" N17 TWO
hi people i as u know i am upgrading my front door speakers, would i need certian ones to fit the connection that is already in place from the previous speakers?

A set of components should be easy enough to make a straight swap iirc
Changing the wires etc is only required when you are amping the system.

Aewsome speakers although they do need some pods made to make them fit in a Clio - well worth the efforts :approve:

Last edited: