ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Seat Tilt/Slide Latch Question

Clio Campus Sport
Hi,
I've just bought a little Campus Sport diesel for the wife :race: and now we're fighting over who gets to drive it!:argue:

I have a fairly trivial question here, but surely one that someone can fix without too much trouble.

I bought a set of seat covers (custom-fitted ones I've had for other cars, and I'd recommend them to anyone!) and they fit around all the the headrest mount holes, adjustment levers, etc. But I'm having difficulty loosening the shoulder-mounted lever that tilt/slides the seats for rear access. There's a couple of little bolts under the latch, but even after loosening them the latch doesn't seem to loosen up much. I only need a little bit of lift to get the cover under the trim.

Seems a shame to spoil a truely excellent cover installation with an amateurish job around the seat latch. Haynes manual no help - Maybe someone here ??

Many thanks in advance!

Padraig. :)