ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front speaker upgrade

Clio 1.4 1999
Hi i have been thinking of upgrading my front door speakers of my 5dr mk2 ph1

i have had a look at them and i think they are 13 or 14cm?

what make should i use and then is it just a straight swap or is there a little bit of wiring
which i don't mind doing?

any advice???

:)

Iceberg 172
Theyre 13cm (some places use inches still so they're 5.25").

TBH there is no specific brand you should buy, this is more dependent on your budget.

BMW E82 M Sport
Hi i have been thinking of upgrading my front door speakers of my 5dr mk2 ph1

i have had a look at them and i think they are 13 or 14cm?

what make should i use and then is it just a straight swap or is there a little bit of wiring
which i don't mind doing?

any advice???

:)

Personally i always use alpine mate and yes it will be a straight swap :cool:

Stripped yozza'd cup
And coaxials or components?
Coaxials have the tweeter built on the front and components have it separate, with a crossover.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Lol. If you want them to be a simple, direct replacemt for the standard ones then you'll want coaxials.
You can get a fairly good set for £50 or so, but you'll get some very good second hand ones for that money.

The pioneers are great, however nowhere has them in stock CAD give an estimated 2-4 weeks for delivery hence why i got spl dynamics speakers instead

DCi 100
DSC_0146.jpg

Difference in mine :eek:

172 RS Ph1
Quite a diff there Alex!

To be honest Clio_Al, you should really listen to they speakers before you purchase them in a store somewhere.
Different brands have different type's of sound: Kicker for instance plays loud and cold, while DLS plays with less bass but a LOTmore clearity and pure tones.
Also depending on your music style, so bring a CD with 1 or 2 good songs that you really know well and play them on different speakers.
I'd go for components by the way.

Some brands that i like are: CDT Audio and Morel.