ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front speakers in phase three clio

hiya guys, pretty much a newbie on here, so hi to all. Ive just spent all day travelling round the country looking at clios and finally found one three minutes away from my house :D

basically its a 1.2 RL Phase 3 clio. I had a good scour in the dash and in the doors, but the only speaker source sems to be in the ends of the dash, and they look like tiny units. I have 5.25" components in my room ready to go in when the car arrives on tuesday, but will they fit? or do i need to get different door cards with speaker housings in them? plz help im completely new to the clio. many thanks craig:)

please surely some1 must know wa size the speakers are in the source points in the dash???

ne help is better than none

i havent got any speakers in the doors :( thanks bam bam after looking after no quick response i found out that four inch woofers will fit in the dash, and that theres a 5.25 " speaker clearance behind the doorcard, but because its a phase tree will phase two doorcards with the speaker grilles in them fit directly or are they different?

i personally would have thought they would be the same

but i have never looked into it

i think sam thought you meant the newest shape clio

mk1 proto

i got a phase 3 mate n i got 4inch speakers in the front dash and ive made and covered some speaker pods to go on the bottom of the door cards out of some plant pots from b&q! they look pretty trick! also there is room under the side of the parcel shelf for another2 4inch speakers! ne other queries about ice in a mk1 just ask mate! hope this is of help! ps welcome to cliosport!

Ah! Mk1, Phase3.. I thought you were on about the MkII, PhaseII which some people call the Mk3... hehe.

4" in the dash..

If you want anything bigger, you can either cut the holes in the door cards and fit.. or make some door builds/pods.

You could get some door cards from a Mk1 Clio with the same amount of doors as you.. which has the door speakers.. RT, S, RSi all have them. Then the holes are already cut.

Mk2 Golf GTI

mine has a space in the door for 5" speakers, also has wires. but it only came with the 4"ers in the dash

Mk2 Golf GTI

mine has a space in the door for 5" speakers, also has wires. but it only came with the 4"ers in the dash

mk1 proto

only thing wit putting bigger speakers in the doors on the lower spec clios is that they got manual windows and the speaker grills tend to make a bit of a mess of your knuckles! ouch! ofcourse unless u like bloody sounds go for it! otherwise i would experimentwith some door builds! try making a couple of template out of 6mm mdf nd cut some supports out of sumfin a bit more substantial n staple a t-shirt over it n cover it in fiberglass hardener! then cover it in vinyl or paint it! it looks trick n is also relatively light weight! try it! its an experience if it works itll loojk good but if not at least you tried it out!

is anyone apsolutely definately sure that lower phases like the one and two on the mk1 clio, will fit the phase three?

also with these replacements, are there the option of getting ones with manual door window winders and speaker grilles? cos i havent got electric windows, cos this would surely solve the problem of rubbing ya knuckles or am i speaking shi*!

many thanks again guys ;)

One way to find out.. cant see why not, but hey! I havnt tried.

You could always fit the electric windows at the same time.. Heh.

how hard would it be to fit the electric windows? think i might just do as phils done and just cut out a clearance hole in the doorcard and slap the grill of my speaker on it

Yea m8, best way. my hands dont hit the grill when i have to wind the windows down by hand, nor does the passenger one. It think that was just luck lol.

I thought about electric windows m8, but the trouble is is gettin it lined up right - probably a bit tricky and also wiring it up, along with central locking. I dont think i have any spare holes left in the clips between the doors, 2 were used for the speakers.

Should be a matter of fitting the motors and everything. I was thinking about doing it.. using the insides of an RT door.. but never got hold of the bits.

Or you could buy the kits which are £99 for two windows..

Mr2 Roadster

I have a phase III and I have the speakers in the doors as standard!

Why no ask renaul how much my RSi door cards are, I bet they are cheap as chips and then it will all look nice and factory fitted so the thieving scallies cant get thier hands on it!

Because, then youd have to cut holes for the window winders and stuff..

Best way I can see is goto a scrappy and get all the electric window stuff and door cards from one which has them..

Or even better, make a nice door build.. hehe.

think i might end up making door builds i gt mdf spacers ready just need some fabric and some resin. will get round to it tmrw