ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front spring rubber seat?

Drakec

ClioSport Club Member
  Bmw m635csi,polo.
Just about to put some new front dampers and springs on my 172 cup, I have noiticed on the old ones that there is no rubber on the bottom of the spring where it sits onto the damper? Is this normal as on other cars I have fit springs on the spring seats into some kind of rubber cup to stop any movement and help with vibrations? Any help or pictures of what a standard damper set up looks like appreciated

There isn't a conventional one as such that attaches to the spring seat on the damper, but there is supposed to be a rubber sleeve that wraps around the first one & a half coils to do the same job.

Clio 172 Cup
Ancient thread resurrection time.

I am fitting new springs and struts to a 172 Cup. Mine has no rubber component at the bottom of the front springs. And Google images show 172 struts without any lower spring rubbers.

What is correct? Thanks.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Ancient thread resurrection time.

I am fitting new springs and struts to a 172 Cup. Mine has no rubber component at the bottom of the front springs. And Google images show 172 struts without any lower spring rubbers.

What is correct? Thanks.
Like @Steven103 said. There's no rubber seat for the shock absorber. Original springs had a rubber sleeve around the bottom coil.

Damn you beat me to it 😂

There aren’t any conventional isolators like so:

1619474408257.jpeg

There are supposed to be isolating sleeves, on cup packed 182s at least, which aid NVH by preventing metal-on-metal coil clash and aid durability by prevent grit from getting caught between coils and grinding against paint. I am sure that absolutely no-one bothers with these when replacing springs lol.

1619474696757.jpeg