ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front suspension Creaking noise (bilsteins, solid top mounts ???)

robbie514566

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, BMW 120i
At the beginning of the month fitted my coilovers, solid top mounts and a few other bits
Since then there had been a creaking noise (sounds like a creaking floor board) when going over bumps

The bits I had fitted had once been on my 172 for a few months then when I got my 182 I swapped it all over

The bits I swapped were

Pms Solid top mounts and strut brace
Bilstein coilovers
New track rod ends
1 month old ball joints
Wish bones
Powerflex wishbone bushes
Powerflex outer arb bushes

Today I've had the wishbones off and re greased all the bushes but it still makes the noise

Does anybody have any ideas what it may be or experienced it before with Bilsteins, solid top mounts, etc

Thanks Robbie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan's cast offs.
You say that, but I had nylon rack mount bushings and at parking speeds mine was still creaky. I had the same spec as OP too, everything refreshed.

Have had loads that have creaked at slow speed and has been rack mounts, not the bushes.

robbie514566

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, BMW 120i
The spherical bearings have zero protection from water ingress from the wheel arch.
Remove & check for free movement.

Thanks I'll give that a check

Have had loads that have creaked at slow speed and has been rack mounts, not the bushes.

Did you do anything to prevent it on the ones you have experienced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
The spherical bearings have zero protection from water ingress from the wheel arch.
Remove & check for free movement.
I've heard they can get a lot of road dirt on them and fail early, i plan to make a cover somehow with mine to prevent this