ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel filter advice please!

clio sport 172
Guys, i have trundled the threads searching this for ages, and i know my Ph2 172 has the filter in the tank etc, but my car at low revs/slowly accelerating has a misfire/spluttering. Had the same a few months ago where an injector had gone down, so the car has now had 4 new injectors, plugs, leads etc but still splutters? I know it could possibly be the coilpack, but wouldnt it do it all the time? I dont want to e throwing money at it guessing what it might be, but am willing to pay to fix (eg if it is the filter £200+) as its almost at 100K. Sitting at 60/70 not a problem, just when accelerating slowly??

Any ideas plz?

Clio 182
on my 206 gti the coil pack was fudged however it would not misfire all the time, somtimes it would on do it when cold somtimes it would only do it when hot etc somtimes low/high revs once i changed it all was fine,

have you ran a fault code sacnner yet? or better yet get the coil pack checked at a garage around £20 when i got mine checked

regards

Golf GTD Mk7
get a spare and swap them over, or ask someone local nicely to remove theirs while you try it.

gdw

RS Clio 172
I had a Saxo VTS which had same problem as you, it was indeed a faulty coil pack, you can get cheap'O ones of ebay for about £26, i'd recommend a proper Renault one mind but obviously some people have smaller budgets.

clio sport 172
Update...swapped the coilpack with a mate's, no luck, still splutters. But he has a 172 at his unit so I pulled the sender out the fuel tank and pulled it to bits to see how it works! The filter is a tiny part in the bottom and dead easy to change! Just need to source one tomorrow. If its not that, then I don't have a clue?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

clio 172
my172 ph2 has the fuel filter right in the middle of the car, in front of the fuel tank, outside and under the car. You could check for that although youve removed the pump??

You could run the pump without a filter so if it runs ok then the bad bits are the filter tho..

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Doubt its the filter - More likely to be a MAP, CTS or H02 issue. Live data will say for sure.

Mick