ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Sender Unit

MINI Cooper S
Right, my fuel guage has been playing up for abit now, getting worse and worse, just saying i have no fuel when i have, or randomly going up and down. Anyway run some tests from what i seen on another thread unplugging the sender unit, then shorting the 2 small wires to earth, one making the fuel guage to to total 0, and the other making it go to totally full, which is what happened, so i cant see the problem being anything else other than the sender unit. How much am i looking for a new unit? either from renault or anyone else, or one from breakers? Or has anyone got one on here... also how easy are they to fit?

Thanks, Danny.

182 inside
you'll have to get it from renault as new part. I think it's a combined unit with the fuel pump within the tank. Very dangerous to open up tank as fumes/vapours are highly flamable.
be careful.

BMW M135i
Its not that dangerous at all, just don't do it in an enclosed space make sure its well ventilated. Outside would be ideal with the boot and doors open.

I'd worry more about the fumes getting to you before I worried about them going up.

MINI Cooper S
I know the do's and dont's of working in a flammable atmospheres, work in a chemical plant so i have to service flameproof equipment etc every day...

Ill ring renault up tomorrow and find out how much they want to rip me off for a new unit then.... :dapprove:

There seriously expensive new £350 i think for the whole unit try a breakers yard etc.

I'll do a check if you need but I'm sure all the sensor units are the same on that phase but the pumps are different on some. So you'd need to eaither buy a correct unit as a whole or hybrid yours (not difficult).